Sr Electrical Engineering Technician
Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robots designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, mobilize to human spaces, and manipulate the world around it.
We are looking for an excellent Sr Electronics Technician to support the Electrical Engineering team develop cutting edge electronics for humanoid robots.
- Troubleshoot and repair PCB assemblies and systems
- Contribute to failure analysis efforts
- Collaborate with engineers and other cross-functional teams on technical tasks
- Develop and document procedures
- Interpret drawings, circuit schematics, and diagrams
- Test system functionality and analyze data
- Set up test equipment and test electronic products
- Manage test equipment currency (i.e. calibration)
- Associate degree in electronics, electro-mechanical technologies, or similar, preferred, or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in repairs, electronic circuit testing, troubleshooting, and manufacturing at the component level
- Hands-on experience with electronic testing
- Good PCB rework skills (SMT, TH, etc.)
- Familiarity with working with various tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with computers is a MUST - a large part of the job is going to be documentation and process development
- Writing skills to develop technical manuals and other product publications
- Initiative and self-motivation - ability to work with minimal supervision (when applicable)
Nice to Have
- Experience with power electronics
- Knowledge using Altium Designer
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Open PTO
- 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.