State Director, Tennessee
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced State Director to join our team and oversee government, commercial, and partnership strategy in Tennessee. The State Director will be responsible for maintaining and expanding relationships with key government clients and commercial clients, developing strategic account plans, and identifying new business opportunities to grow adoption and impact of findhelp’s network and platform offerings.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and grow existing relationships with government clients, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and retention including maintaining close relationships with senior leadership in Medicaid and Human Services departments,
- Ownership of implementation of complex projects that include software and services, including managing contract requirements
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all activities related to contract administration, project management, scheduling, resource management, correspondence with of TN leadership, and deliverable reviews
- Coordinate with external state and internal team stakeholders including project managers to identify and address risk and opportunity impacting the success of the implementation,
- Develop and implement strategic account plans to expand business with key customers,
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competition, and regulatory changes to stay informed of industry developments and adjust account strategies accordingly,
- Attend industry conferences, events, and trade shows to represent the company and promote our products and services, and
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to findhelp employees that support government business.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate to the state of TN, preferably within proximity to the City of Nashville;
- At least 10 years of experience in managing and leading a large-scale or Enterprise-Wide healthcare IT systems contract or project that encompasses a full software development lifecycle from initiation through post-implementation, including operations and maintenance
- At least 5 years of experience serving in an account management or client representative role
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on relevant State and Federal Medicaid regulations and policies
- Experience following a standard project management methodology and in using various project management tools in developing project plans, delivering tasks, and tracking timelines and resources.
- Demonstrated senior level experience working in a state agency and/or working with state agency senior leadership while performing account management activities with these departments as clients,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients at all levels,
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify business opportunities and recommend solutions,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership, and
- Willingness to travel up to 25% as needed.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time