Senior Manager, Data Engineering
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 6, 2024
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
The Senior Manager, Data Engineering will play a key role in our success by managing our team of data engineers, overseeing the design, development, and maintenance of our data infrastructure. You will closely collaborate with engineering and customer-facing teams to ensure scalable data design and reliable data pipelines that are critical to meeting and exceeding customer and internal data needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead our team of data engineers and database administrators with a strong focus on high-quality solution delivery and team culture.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable and reliable data pipelines, ETL processes, and databases to support a variety of data and analytics needs.
- Lead the development and maintenance of a comprehensive and up-to-date data dictionary by overseeing the capture of end-to-end data flows and the creation of source-to-target documentation, ensuring a detailed and accessible repository that enhances data understanding and transparency across the organization.
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction to align data engineering initiatives with business objectives.
- Build cross-functional relationships with software engineers, solutions engineers. and other business stakeholders to collaboratively build solutions, standards, and processes.
- Provide strategic leadership to the data engineering team, guiding the effective and appropriate utilization of tools, including but not limited to BigQuery, SQLDBM, Airflow, and Great Expectations.
- Foster a culture of excellence in performant data transformations and clear schema design, ensuring alignment with operational and analytical business requirements.
- Manage and optimize data storage and processing systems to enhance performance, improve reliability and optimize cost.
- Manage alerting, on-call, triage, and response procedures to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Ensure our data architecture is secure and compliant per company policies and industry standards.
- At least 5 years experience managing and leading data engineering and database administration teams
- In-depth knowledge of database systems, data warehousing concepts and data modeling techniques.
- At least six years of hands-on experience in data management activities such as building data pipelines and database administration.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as Python and data processing framework such as Airflow
- Proficiency in one or more of the following technologies, languages, and databases: Python, SQL, MySQL database, BigQuery, Airflow, Google Cloud
This job is based on-site in Austin, TX, Denver, CO, or Madison, WI with the opportunity to work remotely on Fridays.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time