Associate General Counsel
ICON is looking for an experienced and dynamic Associate General Counsel to join our team. The Associate General Counsel will report to the General Counsel and generally, work with executives in ICON’s technology, manufacturing, supply chain, product and R&D teams. The ideal candidate will have a mix of in-house and law firm experience with prior experience working at a technology or high-growth company.
- Advise on business, product, and contract-related matters, including deal flow, contractual obligations, go-to-market strategies, sales enablement, channel relationships, and revenue generation.
- Direct and coordinate the support of outside law firms.
- Proactively support the conceptualization, development, launch and support of new business models and product offerings.
- Manage processes to develop, maintain and assert ICON’s intellectual property portfolio.
- Build relationships with people and leaders across the organization.
- Anticipate new legal issues that could impact the company.
- Review external-facing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Provide advice on a wide variety of legal issues, including related to privacy and data collection, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- JD or international equivalent.
- Active membership in TX State Bar Association or ability to be admitted as an active member within the first 90 days of employment.
- 7+ years of legal experience, with a minimum of 5 years experience at a law firm.
- Experience working closely with high-growth companies in an internal legal role or as an external legal partner.
- Ability to manage analyze legal and commercial risks quickly, and communicate in a clear and effective manner with lawyer and non-lawyer client(s) alike;
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues.
- Able to effectively and independently organize and manage multiple assignments and changing priorities.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Deep experience negotiating and drafting B2B software and hardware commercial contracts and license agreements, as well as a wide variety of vendor contracts and other types of commercial agreements.
- Strong knowledge of data privacy regulations.
- Working knowledge of legal matters related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Experience with government procurement processes and regulations.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.