Sr. Software (Mobile) Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Pison is developing breakthrough consumer and healthcare products that are harnessing the power of the mind. We’ve pioneered the science of electroneurography (ENG) to non-invasively sense, analyze, and apply electrical signals coming from the brain. Our neural biosensor and artificial intelligence software are opening a new window to thousands of new, neural-based applications that can improve human health and wellness and help individuals control their environment via gesture recognition. Our vision is to deliver real-time, actionable insights into the state of the body’s nervous system, guiding users to better health and higher achievement in every domain of human endeavor.
Pison’s software team is developing new direct to consumer products incorporating proprietary neural sensor technology. We need an experienced mobile software engineer who has delivered mobile applications that utilize Bluetooth technology to communicate to wearable devices developed by Pison. We are looking for a service-minded Engineer who can work alongside our Machine Learning and Hardware teams to deliver ground breaking technology to the consumer market. An Engineer who has experience working with a Product manager to refine requirements and build designs that are iteratively, but quickly incorporated into products is desired.
- Collaborate with Pison’s software team to develop innovative direct-to-consumer products integrating our neural sensor technology.
- Design and deliver mobile applications that utilize bluetooth technology to establish seamless communication with wearable devices developed by Pison.
- Work Closely with Machine Learning and Hardware teams to create cutting-edge technology for the consumer market.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to refine requirements and develop iterative designs swiftly incorporated into products.
- Write and maintain software that integrate and communicates with custom built (g)RPC microservices
- Utilize composable functional programming like Jetpack Compose and/or Flutter Widgets trees
- Facilitate rapid UX development and mobile security solutions (PKCS, AES-256, RSA etc.) and ensure seamless user experiences.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipeline integration with GitHub Actions.
- Ensure high speed transfer of data data between systems, particularly between mobile device and wearables, using effective data and communication mechanisms (e.g. COBS encoding)
- 5+ years developing mobile applications to Android and Apple app stores
- Proficient using Dart / Flutter programming languages as well as Kotlin / Java programming languages
- Familiar with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) services and using Google Firebase (Cloud Firestore, Authentication)
- Proven track record of delivering mobile applications utilizing bluetooth technology for wearable devices.
- Familiarity with MacOS and iOS development using Swift code is a plus
- Experience with state management/dependency injection frameworks (ex. Dart’s Provider/BLoC, Kotlin’s Koin) and experience utilizing Dart’s FFI.
- Experience developing with drift (reactive library to store relational data), or similar
- Experience integrating native and non-native (JVM) software stacks and languages. For example: 1. Expertise in integrating platform-specific features using Flutter Platform Channels (EventChannels, MethodChannels, MessageChannels). 2. Knowledge of Dart FFI and experience with buf.build
- Ability to release mobile applications on Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar field is a plus
- Has released software to a broad user base
- Worked alongside Product, System Engineering, and QA departments to deliver robust and high quality software
- Has worked on projects that require cross team collaboration with Hardware, Firmware, and Cloud services
** This Employer Participates in E-Verify **
We understand that candidates can feel discouraged if they do not tick every box. We encourage you to apply. Pison is building a diverse team with people from all backgrounds who can help us build an inclusive organization.