Salary: $120,000- $140,000, depending on experience
Augmented Reality / Technology Department
The Technology team at Red 6 engineers’ systems to see and interpret the world. These systems synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly advanced augmented reality platforms and infrastructure, which support our military partners’ operations. This enables us to collaborate and train with the world’s most advanced military systems and develop our soldiers’ capabilities as the world’s most important line of defense.
As an Electrical Engineer at Red 6, you will take a critical role in the development of next generation augmented reality systems. You will become part of a team exploring new concepts through design and fast iterative prototyping.
Electrical Engineers design, debug, and continuously improve the electrical interfaces from Red 6’s Augmented Reality headset and various platforms including military aircraft. The electrical engineering role is responsible for robust schematic, and function of critical custom CCA’s throughout the system. Role includes:
- The electrical CCA design,
- Working with Altium Layout specialists
- Working with prototype and production PCB and CCA suppliers
- Working with technicians debugging your designs and others as needed
- Responsible for architecting, designing, developing, modifying, evaluating, and integrating electronic equipment, electronic parts, components, or integrated circuitry for complex, high performance hardware systems.
- Determines design approaches and parameters.
- Analyzes electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- May use high level programming language to configure programmable logic devices.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Able to identify component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability.
- May also review vendor capability to support development.
- Includes the application of specialized skill sets including digital, FPGA, DSP, CCA, power, antenna, RF and control systems knowledge as required.
- May develop, design, and assess the methodologies and performance of specialized algorithms for radar, communications, sonar, geophysical, and other sensor processing applications.
- Must be able to commute or move to Broomfield, Colorado. On-site work required. (Relocation negotiable)
- Other duties as described.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or directly related field
- 2-5 years of prior relevant experience
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Familiarity with standard lab equipment – oscilloscopes, power supplies, spectrum analyzers.
- Altium experience would be a PLUS
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship.
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.