Vertalo connects and enables the digital asset ecosystem. Our Transfer Agency platform uses traditional database and blockchain technology to manage cap table data and bring secondary liquidity to investors in private securities. The private securities markets are huge, yet antiquated. Vertalo is changing that landscape.
Think of a traditional cap table reimplemented for the emerging digital securities sector (meaning soon, all private securities). Our focus on digital securities and secondary liquidity sets us apart from larger incumbents. We are well positioned in this emerging market and offer amazing growth potential. There are extensive near-term opportunities and longer-term exit scenarios for our company.
You will use your extensive Transfer Agency knowledge and experience to rapidly deploy product that appeals to our market, then figure out how to scale it. You will use your experience gleaned from traditional Transfer Agents to build the Transfer Agent of the future.
In this newly created role, you will be responsible for the daily processing of shareholder presentations related to various transfer agent activities. You will be responsible for reviewing all paperwork associated with the presentation, and the subsequent processing or verification of the transaction. You will ensure that all service delivery requirements are met on a daily basis, and will lend assistance to other units within the organization when required. Additionally, you will assist in system development initiatives when necessary as well as assist with special projects as needed.
This is not a remote position. You will be required to work out of our offices here in Austin, TX.
- Review and approval of shareholder and DTC presentations related to various stock transfer transaction types including:
- -- Routine and non-routine transfers
- -- Inheritance transfers, gift transfers
- -- Cost basis processing
- -- New issuances of stock
- -- Restricted stock transfers
- Work on special projects within the unit to gain efficiencies and reduce costs
- Partner with other departments to resolve and remediate day to day issues that may arise
- Assist with testing requirements resulting from system enhancement initiatives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of prior Transfer Agent experience preferred
- Strong follow up skills
- Detail oriented and able to recognize errors in own work as well as the work of others
- Multitask and prioritize critical items before all other daily tasks
- High levels of initiative and motivation while also championing teamwork to manage to deadlines
- Exceptional writing skills, with experience in drafting sympathetic responses
- Think critically and interpret requests received from co-workers, clients, and shareholders
- Typing skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and modern web browsers
- Monitor daily activities and proactively intervene when necessary to ensure accurate and timely responses
- Strong time management and data entry skills
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid time off
- Free lunch provided every day
- Flexible laptop/monitor/desk configuration
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Fried-chicken Fridays!
Something looks off?