Baseball Hitting Coach
WIN Reality is a sports technology company that is revolutionizing the way baseball and softball players prepare for the game. Using virtual reality, we provide athletes and coaches with the most authentic and immersive training experience in the world. This commitment has allowed us to partner with athletes, coaches, and organizations at all levels of the game from Youth Leagues to premier College Baseball and Softball programs, and Major League Baseball organizations.
Our commitment to innovation has attracted significant attention, including a $45 million investment from Spectrum Equity, a firm that has consistently identified emerging industry leaders such as GrubHub, Ancestry.com, and GoodRx.
WIN Reality is a high-growth company looking for driven teammates to grow with it. Our culture reflects the characteristics that make sports special - comradery, shared success, and challenge. Our teams are united in their efforts towards pushing the limits of technology to give our players an edge. We offer a competitive total rewards package, a diverse and collaborative environment, and incredible opportunities for professional development.
Title: Baseball Hitting Coach
Location: Austin, TX (relocation assistance provided)
WIN Reality has an exciting opportunity for a Hitting Instructor to Join our WIN Coaching Experience Team.
WIN Reality's Coaching Experience Team members are the front-line voice and face of WIN Reality for our players. This team meets with players 1:1 to onboard them to WIN Reality's training platform and builds lasting long-term coach/mentor relationships with them. Our Hitting Instructors are the next generation of tech-enabled, remote baseball coaches that will influence how the future generation of baseball all-stars train!
- Work with players to understand their backgrounds, assess needs, instruct, and assign training programs to develop hitting skills
- Create a coaching curriculum to elevate the other coaches
- Successfully onboard new baseball players to WIN through 1:1 and/or group orientation/training sessions
- Analyze trends in player usage and suggest improvements to processes, policies, and product
- Serve as a peer leader and trainer for other future WIN coaching hires
- Weekly development sessions with top-tier baseball coaches & players to evolve coaching tools and skills across the team.
- Responsible for delivering a high-quality program that aids in the annual retention of players.
- Effectively communicates to players and their parents/guardians.
- Partners with the student-athlete’s parent/guardian regarding their overall development.
- Gain and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the instruction equipment and associated software
- Elite experience - Division I Starter or Professional Baseball
- Passionate about the game and teaching it to young players
- Ambitious, motivated self-starter attitude who enjoys meeting and training lots of people; energy to operate in a fast-paced baseball/softball training environment
- Mature and efficient communication skills across oral, written, typing, and texting, with demonstrated ability to adjust communication tone and delivery based on audience
- Empathetic, with an ability to understand players' unique coaching needs and tailor approach accordingly
- Ability and flexibility to work nontraditional business hours including evenings and weekends
- Selfless, finds enjoyment in serving others and watching them improve as a product of their work
- Creative and forward thinking; has the ability to think outside the box and find new ways to drive growth/improvement
*Requires a background check upon offer
Sports have a rich heritage of transcending traditional boundaries in pursuit of winning. Winning is why people of diverse specialties, beliefs, and backgrounds come together. That is why WIN Reality is committed to diversity. We are committed to fielding the best team possible which is why all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.