Embedded Linux Engineer
Introduction: Zenus has an open position for a full-time embedded Linux engineer. The ideal candidate has experience working with single-board computers in a small, fast-moving team. The position is based in Austin, Texas. Relocation assistance is available.
Compensation: $90K-$120K plus stock options based on skills and experience. We offer medical, vision, and dental care insurance along with paid time off. Our work environment is exciting and inclusive.
- Software Engineering (Python, Docker, Bash Scripting): Develop features in coordination with our AI Engineer and product owner. Discover and remediate sources of unusual behavior encountered by clients, including bugs.
- Create & Manage releases (Github, Balena): Track release branches and ensure the builds function correctly on our git integration with our fleet management software.
- Device flashing (NVIDIA SDK Manager): Familiarize yourself with the device flashing procedure and improve the process to streamline our fulfillment process.
- Networking & Peripherals (TCP/IP, UART, I2C, USB, GPIO): Take ownership over networking functions and peripheral management for our devices. These include WiFi and Ethernet connectivity along with USB and IP cameras.
- Implement Best Practices: Write tests for your code, submit code readable and extendable by team members, and use version control software.
Technology Stack: Python, Bash, Linux, Docker, Balena, Git, NVIDIA Jetson Series of SBCs
About Zenus: We lead the development of ethical facial analysis. Our technology captures impressions, demographics, dwell time, and positive sentiment in any physical environment.
We deploy our proprietary AI models on custom-made IoT devices that minimize bandwidth requirements and protect people’s privacy.
Our technology is loved by marketing professionals across the spectrum - from retail brands to business events and international airports.