Sr. Manager, Electrical Engineering
Apptronik is building robots for the real world to improve human quality of life and to help solve the ever-increasing labor shortage problem. Our team has been building some of the most advanced robots on the planet for years, dating back to the DARPA Robotics Challenge. We apply our expertise across the full robotics stack to some of the most important and impactful problems our society faces, and expect our products and technology to change the world for the better. We value passion, creativity, and collaboration to help us overcome existing technological barriers in the industry to create truly innovative products.
You will join a team developing a state-of-the-art general-purpose robots designed to operate in human spaces and with human tools. It is designed to work alongside humans, mobilize to human spaces, and manipulate the world around it.
We're looking for a highly motivated and talented engineer with hands-on experience and a passion for robotics to join our team. Specifically, we seek a Sr. Electrical Engineering Manager with proven experience and capabilities in the management of a highly technical group of engineers.
- Oversee a team of Electrical Design Engineers
- Organize and document best practices and standard processes
- Develop and implement new processes where required
- Collaborate with Lead Engineers to staff engineering design efforts and balance workloads
- Provide technical direction and mentoring to employees on the team
- Assist in building a world-class robotic design team through coaching, hiring, and fostering a culture of Creativity, Humility, Integrity, Passion, and Curiosity
- Work together with other departments (Mechanical, Systems, Software, Production) to develop state-of-the-art robotic systems
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of engineering management experience
- 10+ years of experience in development of robotic systems, or similar (automotive, aerospace, etc.)
- Mastery of engineering fundamentals / first principles
- High proficiency in CAD (Altium or similar)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- The ability to multi-task and manage conflicting deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Great team player able to perform within a dynamic start-up environment
Nice to Have
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, preferred
- Experience standing up design processes and procedures in a fast-paced environment
- Experience taking products from prototype to production
- Active listener, excellent communicator
- Leads by example
- Encouraging, helpful, motivational
- Highly organized, analytical, observant
- A passion for building things
- Fellow tinkerers are encouraged to apply
- Competitive base w/ benefits
- Highly motivating equity incentive package
- Hybrid work schedule (i.e. work from home in some capacity)
- Flexible work hours policy
- Professional development opportunities
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k plan
*This is a direct hire. Please, no outside Agency solicitations.
Apptronik provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.