Senior Staff Quality Engineer
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
Findhelp launched over 10 years ago in Austin, TX and has helped millions of people. We make it easy to find food, health, housing, and employment programs in seconds at findhelp.org.
As a certified B Corp, we are driven to do good, we’re powered by tech, and looking for passionate people to join our team. Our mission is to connect all people in need and the programs that serve them (with dignity and ease).
If our mission resonates with you, we’d love for you to keep reading.
Our pioneering software platform has already connected thousands of people in need ("seekers") to thousands of programs to get the help they need – but because there’s so much more we want our product to do (and more people in need need us to do), it is rapidly advancing. Your job is to help new deployments of our rapidly developing product go off without a hitch.
We’re looking for a quality automation expert to help bring our automation testing and quality processes to maturity. You’ll have a wide mandate to identify quality problems and offer solutions in our approach to automation, testing practices and more. You’ll work closely with other team members to help upscale their approach and abilities in automated testing and to close gaps in.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Enhance and maintain our automated regression testing suite.
- Design and develop an automation approach for our growing set of APIs.
- Mentor testers and developers in industry knowledge, best practices, automation skills, and other areas of expertise.
- Engage with architects to ensure that testability is baked into our system and to create automated testing tools.
- Co-own the quality of the product by being an exemplary tester and quality advocate.
- Collaborate with developers, testers, and external stakeholders to advance holistic quality.
- Design innovatory processes to create a quality culture throughout engineering.
- Find and iterate on unique opportunities for quality improvement.
- 7-10 years of experience in manual and automated testing, including API automation.
- Success mentoring other testers in quality practices, especially automated testing.
- Aptitude defining and refining diverse quality processes.
- Strong technical skills - experience with Robot and Postman preferred.
- Experience with load & performance testing preferred.
- Demonstrable track record of success in a dynamic environment
- Intensely curious, enterprising, and generous with knowledge.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Driven by a desire to be impactful and do good in the world.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ and
•Discounted gym memberships
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
•Tuition Program for Curation
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time
See more open positions at Aunt Bertha
Something looks off?