In-House Commercial Counsel
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2023
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
We are looking for a talented, experienced and team-oriented attorney to join findhelp! You will play an instrumental role in capitalizing on achievements to date, and be part of creating a world-class in-house counsel team. This role works with stakeholders across the organization, customers, contractors, suppliers and external entities of all types (including governmental entities and non-profits). This role reports to our Senior Counsel. If you're looking to join a wonderful team with dynamic and evolving tasks to help support the mission of findhelp, we would love to talk with you!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guide and support teams across the organization to review, draft, revise, negotiate and finalize agreements for internal/external customers and organizations (public, private, and governmental entities)
- Provide day-to-day legal support, business-focused counseling, and advice to company leaders
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure contracting and other matters are compliant with applicable laws, regulations, internal policies, procedures and goals
- Support the review and response for RFPs
- Drive the continued development, improvement, training and implementation of scalable processes across the organization
- Provide leadership and guidance on compliance issues, including the ever evolving security and privacy matters
- Stay informed of industry-specific regulations to support appropriate risk management strategies
- Research and analyze various issues and provide written guidance
- JD and bar admission in good standing (Texas preferred, or an active license from another state that allows for in-house practice under the rules of the State Bar of Texas)
- 10+ years in-house legal experience preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience with legal support related to web-based technology platforms (technology agreements, social services, healthcare, and government entities helpful)
- Successful customer-facing and other external-facing negotiation experience
- Flexibility and adaptability to support our rapidly growing organization
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to triage, prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Team-oriented approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Apple, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Adobe, and various e-signing systems
- Familiarity and experience using contract management and task management applications
This job is based onsite in our Austin location.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time