Business Analyst, Engineering
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
As an Engineering Business Analyst at findhelp, you will play a key role in the planning and execution of features, enhancements, bugs, and other work done by engineering teams. You’ll partner with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and other Business Analysts to deliver high-quality software and business value to findhelp’s customers, partners, and end users. You will be on the front lines with our engineering teams crafting solutions and setting clear priorities for the next set of deliverables.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Engineering Leadership and multiple engineering teams to deliver high-quality, high-value software solutions
- Provide a clearly-defined, well-organized, prioritized backlog of features, bugs, and other requests for each supported engineering team
- Negotiate scope and timelines based on priority, customer needs, existing commitments, and team capacity and availability
- Break large projects into smaller, iterative steps to streamline and optimize value delivery
- Write clear, well-scoped, technically sound, and testable acceptance criteria and collaborate with the engineering team to determine the best way to deliver the desired outcomes
- Identify, minimize, and track cross-team dependencies
- Partner with Product Managers to ensure we are solving root problems and our solutions are aligned with business priorities and goals
- Foster strong relationships across multiple teams to build consensus and collaboration
Who You Are:
- A servant leader helping teams build the best possible solutions for our customers and end users
- An impediment bulldozer, overcoming barriers to your high performing team
- Documented history of getting things done and working tactically on strong execution
- Experience in Agile environment, shipping incremental value directly with engineering
- A history of advocating for and supporting your team
- Experience partnering with other functions in an organization, like product, customer success, and UX
- A strong desire to solve the next problem impact the lives of our users
- Organized, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and oral form
Experience You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, or Systems Analyst in consumer web or SaaS products
- Computer Science or Technical Degree
- Healthcare or Government experience
- Scrum and Agile Certifications such as Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred
This job is based on-site in Denver, CO with opportunity to work remotely on Friday.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time