Senior Software Engineer
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2023
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
As a software engineer at findhelp, you will help grow our platform which knits together our system of social-services nationwide. You will be on a cross-functional development team working across the aisle with others in teams and departments to produce the highest quality product for those who use our system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work within a team and across team to accomplish our mission of helping others
- Consistently write quality code with the end user in mind
- Architect for robustness, extensibility, scale, sustainability, & security
- Provide quality feedback in code reviews and willing to pair on coding tasks
- Someone who works to understand the user’s story to design intuitive experiences
- Own work from inception to delivery, and beyond.
- Refactor legacy code as you create new features
- Mentor other engineers and foster their growth
- 5+ years working as a professional software developer
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Experience writing technical designs and breaking down complex features
- Preferred experience in Python and ReactJS
- Good understanding of SQL, ORMs, and non-relational databases
- Understanding of web performance strategies and metrics
- Preferred GCP experience, but other cloud experience welcome
- Experience with or a strong understanding of microservices
- You make commitments and keep them
- Experience generalizing a feature to widen the impact
- Knowledge of how to iterate on a feature to keep delivery consistent
- Comfortable working independently in a complex Python codebase
- Comfortable scaling up on Python if you haven’t worked on it before
- Interested in mentoring and fostering individual growth
- Ability to communicate technical needs and solutions to product partners
This job is based on-site in Denver, CO with opportunity to work remotely on Friday.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time