Senior Staff Data Solutions Engineer- Austin, TX
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, October 6, 2023
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
Job Overview: We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Staff Data Solution Engineer to join our team. As a Data Solution Engineer, you will play a critical role in designing, developing, and implementing data solutions for our customers and team. You will be responsible for working closely with our customers to understand the data needs of today and tomorrow. This role offers an exciting opportunity to work on diverse projects, solve complex problems, and contribute to the success of our data-driven initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Client Collaboration: Engage with clients to understand their data requirements and challenges. Serve as a strong technical counterpart and trusted advisor to customer success and government relations teams.
- Data Solution Design: Translate business requirements to analytical dashboard designs and operational data delivery solutions that meet the needs of a diverse and growing user audience.
- Data Management: Leverage deep knowledge of relational databases to design and optimize schemas, queries, and data movement (ETL) strategies.
- Problem Solving: Tackle new and complex data-related problems with creativity and a structured approach. Identify opportunities for simplification, process improvement and efficiency gains.
- Continuous Learning: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in data engineering, data modeling, and use of AI.
- Architecture analysis: Understand data from source to target and inform design, considering optimal methods for data capture, logging, transformation, warehousing, and delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in data engineering, data warehouse design, or a related role.
- Proficiency in database systems such as MySQL and BigQuery
- Strong SQL programming skills with the ability to write complex queries and optimize database performance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work on new and challenging data problems.
- Experience with data management, ETL processes, and data movement techniques in Cloud infrastructure.
- Exceptional communication and customer-facing skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience with data visualization tools to develop dashboards and reports.
- Preferred: Experience with Python for data manipulation, scripting, or automation.
This job is based on-site in Austin, TX or Madison, WI with the opportunity to work remotely on Fridays.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time