Director of People Operations
People & HR, Operations
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
The Director of People Operations provides domain expertise and guidance to the organization's People Operations. The Director is responsible for day to day oversight of the Talent Acquisition and HR Administration functions in addition to contributing to the leadership of the department. This will include establishing procedures, best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborates with People Operations Team on achievement of department goals; identifies ways to support this team through talent management.
- Management and oversight of the Talent Acquisition staff and processes including building employer brand and establishing metrics and measures for the function
- Assists in the identification and tracking of key performance indicators for the organization's human resource and talent management functions; assesses the organization's success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Involved in the development and management of competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs.
- Provides guidance and assists with resolution of employee relations, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- Ensures compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Assists in management and collaborates with the People Operations Team, and with the budget for the department.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree highly preferred.
- Demonstrated success building, managing, and scaling teams
- Strong entrepreneurial drive including the willingness and ability to roll-up your sleeves and jump in when necessary.
- The ability to think strategically, but also focus on tactical and operational issues.
- A high level of ownership, confidentiality, and attention to detail; Highest level of integrity.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with new challenges each week.
- Experience in developing and delivering high-impact People Ops programs around learning & development, performance management, and employee recruitment and retention.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required, with strategic, talent management, and/or business development experience highly preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Supervisory and leadership skills and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with G-Suite or related software.
*This position is in office and candidates must be located in Austin, Texas
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time