Senior Community Engagement Manager, West Virginia
West Virginia, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2024
We’re changing the way people connect to social care.
At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
In this role, you’ll partner closely with organizations to ensure they feel supported in their use of findhelp, engaging with them on their terms and listening to their needs. You’ll also work closely with our customers to grow and sustain key community partnerships that bring the social care network to life. Our customers represent a wide range of helping institutions; local and state governments, health systems, health insurers, and more.
As a Community Engagement Manager, your role in connecting customers and organizations ensures that those in need and helping professionals can find and connect to local services with dignity and ease.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work directly with key state officials, legislatures, lobbyists, and nonprofit executives to advance findhelp’s positioning in an assigned regional area.
- Support execution of government contracts within the state of West Virginia
- Establish and grow deep, sustainable relationships with nonprofit and other community organizations in a regional area, with the end goal of increasing nonprofit usage of findhelp tools and strengthening local networks of care
- Educate and equip key customer contacts to support community engagement efforts.
- Manage client and project communications - be a leader driving the community engagement portions of the project plan, working collaboratively with Customer Success Managers and sharing best practices of how customers can mobilize community engagement and build CBO relationships in their communities
- Train community based organizations and customer teams on how to use findhelp’s suite of tools to streamline their work, connect to each other, and support a shared population
- Lead the discovery of various CBO workflows and roadblocks, and in conjunction with the Partnerships team, explore potential integrations and partnerships
- Advocate for the ongoing needs and goals of CBOs internally - gathering feedback and understanding both how to meet them where they are and also how to help get them where they want to go
- Support organizations when issues arise, including technical needs, responding in a timely manner, and working with cross-functional teams to document problem resolution steps and implement solutions
- Collaborate with the rest of the Community Engagement team to build a thriving department and foster the overall success of findhelp and the people we serve
- At least 10 years experience:
- Establishing relationships at the local, county, and state levels of government; experience working directly within or closely aligned with government agencies or;
- Working within a nonprofit organization; preferably in development or program leadership (built or grew a new program, owned complex/nebulous initiative)
- Local knowledge, expertise and network. This role is a remote position, but we’re looking for someone who is based in West Virginia (specifically the Charleston area) and can bring a local lens to the role.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent
- Experience with adult learning techniques and best practices; software training experience a plus
- Experience with technology and able to learn new technologies quickly; familiar with SaaS application support requirements
- Superior communications skills (presentation, written, and verbal) and demonstrated ability to communicate/present effectively at all levels of the organization including the C-suite
- Ability to work with minimal direction to achieve goals
- Team player, enjoys working hard, exhibits professionalism, is dedicated to meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interest in social determinants, organizational innovation, social enterprise, healthcare, community organizations, governmental groups
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time