Mobile Health Technician
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
Love helping people get healthier one-on-one - but hate finding your own clients? You'll love this job.As a Mobile Health Technician, you'll stand at the intersection of hundreds of health journeys, guiding people who want to make a change. Along the way, you'll celebrate our clients' successes, encourage them when times are hard, and create rewarding relationships through multiple touch points over time. You'll Love This Job If:
- You're a personal trainer or health coach who loves the one-on-one interaction, but doesn't enjoy trying to build a book of business.
- You believe that health is for everyone - and that it's a privilege to help others reach their goals, to share in their successes, and comfort them through their struggles.
- You believe in a warm, kind, non-judgmental approach to health.
- You're the type of person who doesn't mind getting up early to beat traffic so you can get somewhere on time.
- You're not intimidated by driving a van, and you're not afraid to get your hands dirty and change the oil.
- You are energized by being in a new environment every day, seeing new sights and meeting new people.
- When you see something broken, you don’t wait for someone else to fix it.
- Work in our storefronts or directly in the community, driving our mobile scan vans to community centers, gyms, workplaces, health fairs, hospitals, and other locations.
- Deliver DEXA scans and educate people about their health, providing engaging, personally-tailored advice that makes a difference in peoples' lives.
- Take ownership of your events from setup to tear down, exemplifying excellence in service delivery and customer service - all while making a genuinely positive impact on dozens of people each day.
- On occasion, assist the team with remote customer service and/or sales support via phone and email.
- General administrative and maintenance-related duties related to our storefront, machines, vans, and equipment.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Leadership Team.
- We are looking for someone in this position who is able to work Sundays and Mondays on a consistent basis. This position will be able to have Saturdays off and another weekday off during the 5 day work week.
- Event times typically vary between the hours of 7am - 8pm, depending on location. Earlier start times may be required to accommodate drive time to the location so that you are at the event at 7am and ready to accept clients.
- Must have a valid drivers license and driving record in good standing.
- This position will start the week of November 27th.
- Must be available to attend the online courses for UCSD November 30th- December 1st as well as an in person course 1-2 weeks later (traveling to UCSD).
- Please note: UCSD does require all students to be fully vaccinated (including a booster shot if eligible) by the time of attending the in-person training. This policy allows for medical exceptions consistent with CDC guidance. Requests for exemptions will be reviewed and approved by our senior administrators and medical advisors.
- Your compensation consists of an hourly rate and bonuses.
- Your base hourly rate starts at $27.02.
- $29.90 is the hourly rate you'll receive if monthly bonus goals are met.
- Full-time team members receive $500 per month in team bonuses if we hit our monthly team revenue and individual performance goals. Part-time team members working 16 hours week or more will receive $250 per month. All goals are designed to be challenging but doable, and we hit all our monthly goals in 2022 except one.
- As a full-time employee, you are guaranteed weekly pay equivalent to 30 hours of work, but can earn more by working more. Part-time employees can maintain a more flexible work schedule, but do not receive a weekly guaranteed pay.
- All team members regardless of status or position are eligible for stock option grants, which are awarded based on performance.
- We expect both hourly and bonus compensation to grow as the company grows. Additionally, all base wages are adjusted for inflation and cost of living changes every 6 months.
- Sick leave
- Paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Company-wide peer bonus program, where cash bonuses are distributed in recognition of excellent team support
- Employee assistance program
- Regular virtual and in-person social events
- Coffee's on us! We cover one drink or snack for every shift worked on a truck