Native iOS Developer
We at Brave Virtual Worlds aim to understand movement with wearable motion capture to optimize human performance and increase the odds of athletes winning. At Brave, we emobdy both a product and user heavy approach to running the company with an emphasis on user satisfaction. We consist of both remote and on-site teams in Austin to develop various components of our product as we are fully vertically integrated from the hardware to the software.
We are looking for an iOS developer responsible for the development and maintenance of the Brave application aimed at a range of iOS devices including mobile phones and tablet computers. Your primary focus will be development of the Brave iOS application and its integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Design, build, and maintain new featuers for the Brave iOS platform
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Medium to expert proficiency with code versioning via Git
- Medium proficiency with Swift and Xcode
- Some experience with iOS frameworks such as SwiftUI, CoreData, etc.
- Some experience with backend services, primarily with AWS
- Knowledge of other mobile technologies and UI/UX standards
- Some familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications