Texas, United States
Sales Team reporting to VP of Sales
(Hybrid - requires some on-site work)
Are you a sales guru who excels at building relationships and closing mutually beneficial deals in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to take your skill set and strengthen it with one of the most active venture capital firms investing in technology startups? The Account Executive is a quota carrying sales professional selling Capital Factory program sponsorships. This is completed by driving inbound and outbound sales activities to identify new prospective sponsors, presenting program solutions, negotiating sponsorships up to $100,000, creating sponsorship proposals, and managing sponsorship deliverables for all CF partners.
All of our partners are understaffed and can be hard to work with at times. It’s up to us to make them successful – that’s a big reason they choose to keep working with us. Our goal is to provide the type of service you might expect from the Four Seasons or Tiffany’s. We sweat the small stuff. We respect their time. We do whatever it takes and do it with style.
What you will do…
- Identify and develop relationships with potential community sponsors for Capital Factory events ranging from title sponsorships for Cornerstone Events (SXSW, Austin Startup Week, Fed Supernova, and Health Supernova) to smaller community events, like Open Coffee.
- Remain the point of contact for prospective community sponsors while liaising between sponsor contacts and Capital Factory.
- Prepare, deliver and close contracts for sponsorships outlining deliverables and ensuring deliverables are met.
You'll know you're successful if....
- You achieve and exceed quota quarterly
- You successfully identify and add new clients to the Capital Factory partnership community
- You run a professional sales process that results in a strong close ratio
- Sponsors appreciate the consultative sales approach and the way you execute their program experience
- Partners and sponsors give unsolicited feedback about how great you are to work with and they show they mean it by giving us repeat business and referrals
- You have successful sales experience - sponsorships and events sales are a plus.
- You have experience with the startup and technology markets.
- You can put together a killer proposal.
- You are creative about structuring partnerships and think outside the box.
- You are a documentor. You are committed to a CRM
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You are available to work at least 45 hours per week.
- You check your email on the weekend and are available to work during evening events and over the weekends when there is a tight deadline. You do what it takes to get the job done.
- You plan to stay in Texas and commit to this position for 2 years.
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology.
- We are transparent and we over-communicate.
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- We communicate when we are not able to meet a deadline and suggest a solution.
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown [Austin/Dallas/Houston/San Antonio] and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place where we can work remotely with fast internet.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are able to efficiently use the Google suite of productivity tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- We are available to work during SXSW (Spring Break), DREAMCON (one week long staff summits twice a year), and Austin Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
- 4 weeks paid time off (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance paid 100% by Capital Factory
- Additional benefits such as 401k program (50% company matching), life insurance, short & long term disability and and employee assistance program
- Parental leave including 10 weeks paid leave for birthing parents and 4 weeks paid leave for non-birthing parents
- $1,000 personal innovation budget on your first year anniversary and then an additional $500 each anniversary thereafter
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory with garage parking space, metro pass, or rideshare credits and access to the onsite gym
- A priceless network
About Capital Factory
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers, and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes, and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2010.