Austin, Texas, United States
Events Team reporting to Director of Events
In Office, Full Time
As part of the Capital Factory Events Team, you craft transformative tech experiences across Texas. Your programming serves as the nexus for entrepreneurs, prestigious Federal clients like Army Futures Command, as well as corporate giants such as Raytheon, Salesforce, and Amazon Web Services.
Your mission? To execute on cornerstone events: SXSW, Austin Startup Week, Health Supernova, and Federal Supernova. Working hand in hand with our internal teams and diverse partners, you'll shape the future of the Texas startup community and redefine government innovation. You’ll also work on our DEI initiatives and on events across the organization to help other teams execute their events consistent with our best practices.
What you will do…
- You will work cross functionally across all Capital Factory departments to deliver impactful engagement experiences that support our mission and ecosystem.
- You will be responsible for speaker management at events.
- You will assist with event registration and attendee management on the day of events.
- You will manage event microsites, registration systems, and attendee communications before an event.
- You will verify data collection post-event through registration analysis, attendee journey feedback and other post-event data.
- You will update event documentation using project and data management tools like Asana, Airtable, Google Drive, Notion, and Slack.
- You will assist with vendor alignment and maintain relationships with external suppliers, partners, and oversee vendor activity during events.
- You will help manage and follow the master timeline and liaison with all internal departments to ensure deliverables are met on time.
- You will assist with creating the technical run-of-show including working with the AV/IT Team for day-of execution.
- You will help run the check-in, move furniture, and set up activations to support the Venue Team during day-of execution.
You'll know you're successful if....
- Feedback by your event clients state that deliverables are executed as envisioned, and their goals are not only met, but exceeded.
- Your events are well attended and the participants and sponsors have a high satisfaction rate.
- Your events end up slightly under the projected budget.
- You find ways to reduce expense without sacrificing the quality of the event.
- Project milestones such as speaker confirmations, activation bookings, and sponsorship deliverables are reached ahead of schedule.
- Partners and sponsors give unsolicited feedback about how great you are to work with and show they mean it by giving us repeat business.
- You have experience producing events.
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone.
- You are a documentor. You make lists and spreadsheets.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute… because they will. You roll with it.
- You check your email in the evenings and are available to work during evening events and over the weekends when there is a tight deadline. You do what it takes to get the job done.
- You have a reliable laptop computer & smartphone that you are comfortable using for work.
- You plan to stay in Texas for at least two years
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology.
- We are transparent and we over-communicate.
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- We communicate when we are not able to meet a deadline and suggest a solution.
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place where we can work remotely with fast internet.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are able to efficiently use the Google suite of productivity tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- We are available to work during SXSW (Spring Break), DREAMCON (one week long staff summits twice a year), and Austin Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
- 4 weeks paid time off (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance paid 100% by Capital Factory
- Additional benefits such as 401k program (50% company matching), life insurance, short & long term disability and and employee assistance program
- Parental leave including 10 weeks paid leave for birthing parents and 4 weeks paid leave for non-birthing parents
- $1,000 personal innovation budget on your first year anniversary and then an additional $500 each anniversary thereafter
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory with garage parking space, metro pass, or rideshare credits and access to the onsite gym
- A priceless network
About Capital FactoryCapital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Hundreds of thousands of entrepreneurs, programmers, and designers gather day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes, and coworking. With boots on the ground in Austin, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio, we meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2010.