Austin, Texas, United States (On-site)
Venue Team reporting to VP, Properties
Do you want to oversee some of the most exciting events in Austin and across Texas?! From SXSW, and Austin Startup Week, to nationally recognized conferences - you will be at the heart of all happening at Capital Factory. As the Venue Manager, you will oversee all venue space and help drive client events for Capital Factory. You will directly manage a team of Venue Coordinators that support our community.
What you will do…
- Manage the venue rental strategy for Capital Factory.
- Manage the community meetup strategy for Capital Factory.
- Collaborating with internal teams and stakeholders, oversee the booking process and venue expectations for client events, venue rentals, and various internal events,
- You manage our physical space during all massive cornerstone events (Fed Supernova, DEI Summits, SXSW, Austin Startup Week, and more!)
- You lead the charge on virtual and in-person events:
- Curate, manage, and amplify our meetup community to make sure the right people are hosting events in our space.
- Manage the communication between our virtual platform vendors and stay up to date on the newest virtual options.
- Own invoicing and budgeting for the Venue Team.
- Align closely with the Marketing and Events Teams to ensure all events are promoted and communicated to appropriate audiences.
- Act as the liaison between our partners, event organizers, and internal teams to grow our Venue and Event ecosystem relationships.
You’ll know you’re successful if…
- Our regular event calendar is full of meaningful events and meetups.
- All our event spaces run like a well-oiled machine.
- People want to partner with us and host their events at Capital Factory repeatedly.
- Our internal events receive the same level of stellar, concierge-level support as our external events.
- You support internal Programs, Marketing, and Ventures event needs, and they rave about you.
- We see strong year-over-year growth in event activity.
- You have 4+ years of experience in event and venue management
- You have managed a team before and are a confident leader, comfortable with direct feedback and coaching.
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone.
- You are a documentor. You make lists, spreadsheets and reports.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better and how to turn chaos into systems.
- You actively practice the Capital Factory “Yes, and..” philosophy during challenging moments, looking to consistently deliver best-in-class experience to all internal or external clients.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute… because they will. You roll with it.
- You are available to work some non-traditional hours, supporting evening and occasionally weekend events.
- You check your email in the evenings. You do what it takes to get the job done.
- You plan to stay in Texas and commit to this position for at least 2 years.
About our team…
- We have a passion for startups and technology.
- We are transparent and we over-communicate.
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- We communicate when we are not able to meet a deadline and suggest a solution.
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown [Austin/Dallas/Houston/San Antonio] and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place where we can work remotely with fast internet.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are able to efficiently use the Google suite of productivity tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- We are available to work during SXSW (Spring Break), DREAMCON (one week long staff summits twice a year), and Austin Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
- 4 weeks paid time off (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance paid 100% by Capital Factory
- Additional benefits such as 401k program (50% company matching), life insurance, short & long term disability and and employee assistance program
- Parental leave including 10 weeks paid leave for birthing parents and 4 weeks paid leave for non-birthing parents
- $1,000 personal innovation budget on your first year anniversary and then an additional $500 each anniversary thereafter
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory with garage parking space, metro pass, or rideshare credits and access to the onsite gym
- A priceless network
About Capital Factory...
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Texas, the number one startup state in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night, in-person and online for meetups, classes and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.