Director, Product Marketing
We’re looking for a Director, Product Marketing to drive strategy and execution for our AI-powered Data Catalog Platform. Your leadership, domain experience, and insight will help position data.world as the leading platform for addressing business challenges associated with data discovery, modernization, governance, and becoming ready for the bold new AI world.
In this role, you will understand our customers and prospective customers, our community, and the challenges they face. You will set the direction for how we communicate by evangelizing their stories and the path to success, helping them transform their companies with data.world. You are comfortable with being uncomfortable, bringing bold, confident messaging to drive rapid growth in a fast-evolving market segment.
At data.world, you will:
- Develop and implement GTM strategies and campaigns in partnership with sales, demand generation, and the broader marketing team.
- Identify and understand the pains and challenges associated with our target users, influencers, and buyer personas, and develop messaging and positioning that demonstrates how our platform addresses those issues.
- Understand market trends and the competitive landscape. Effectively apply this knowledge to improve go-to-market strategies and positioning.
- Orchestrate product launches, bringing differentiated capabilities and solutions to market for maximum success.
- Define the solution value proposition and enable our direct sales team, customer success, and channel partners to effectively communicate with external audiences.
- Assist our sales and partner teams in the field as the subject matter expert for your solution.
- Develop and deliver direct sales and partner enablement including playbooks.
- Collaborate with the demand generation team to drive a business plan that includes key activities, target personas, budget, and KPIs that align with our company's business goals.
- Develop product marketing material such as white papers, presentations, webinars, videos, blogs, website pages, and other content supporting the buyer's journey and communicating the value of data.world.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of your product marketing strategy and report back to the business areas where you think we can optimize.
- Develop customer relationships and turn them into vocal advocates and evangelists.
- Lead a team of talented product marketers for scaled impact.
We’d love to see:
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing, at least 3 years recently in enterprise data, analytics, or AI.
- 2+ years of experience leading a function and managing a team.
- Proven track record of developing and executing successful go-to-market strategies.
- Deep expertise in competitive intelligence, sales enablement, and customer advocacy programs.
- Customer-centric philosophy with storytelling chops and the ability to educate and enable others to effectively communicate the value of our products.
- Experience with leading through influence and spearheading cross-functional initiatives and strategic discussions.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to diverse teams.
- Strong project management and cross-functional collaboration skills. You are equal parts creative, strategic, quarterback, and traffic cop.
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You don’t shy away from the tough questions.
- Innate curiosity for and ability to understand complex, enterprise use cases and technology.
Big pluses include:
- Domain expertise in data governance and metadata management.
- Strong familiarity around artificial intelligence and data apps.
- Experience in a fast-moving startup environment.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with a generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and a sense of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you're a proactive, adaptable, and customer-focused professional with a passion for project management, we'd love to hear from you. Join our team and help shape the future of data management at data.world.
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.