What we're doing isn't easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our customer-facing operations arm.
Diligent Robotics is hiring for a Controller to lead our Accounting function. Your mission will be to oversee the full month end close & general ledger, drive technical research, champion process improvements, and establish the overall strategy in setting up a best-in-class Accounting Department. The ideal candidate must have the capacity to be a strong team leader, be comfortable with navigating through ambiguity, have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, be attentive to details, and be able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Developing strong working relationships with cross functional partners at various levels internally and externally will be critical to this position's success.
- Wear all hats related to accounting/manage day-to-day accounting operations
- Develop and improve accounting processes and internal controls
- Review of Revenue Recognition/ASC 606 with and application of revenue recognition standard
- Provide technical accounting guidance on GAAP processes and accounting standards.
- Participate in the financial planning process with Executive Leadership, VP of Finance and FP&A Manager
- Prepare monthly financial statements and qualitative reports on company performance
- Assist in the preparation & presentation of financial reports and models to the exec team and investors
- Manage annual tax filings, sales tax compliance, financial audits, and 409a valuations
- Research, evaluate and document technical accounting research on complex revenue accounting transactions, non-revenue transactions and other general corporate accounting matters
- Effectively collaborate with sales, marketing, finance and legal to develop and review significant revenue contracts and provide guidance on revenue treatment in accordance with GAAP
- 7+ years of managing Accounting and Financial operations
- Experience working in an industry that has manufacturing implications; Inventory management experience is a must
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting and internal control frameworks; Active CPA ideally
- Audit experience in public accounting; Has led financial audit for a private/public company
- Have strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively influence business partners at various levels
- Systems implementation experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.