Lead Unreal Engineer
Lead Unreal Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Unreal Engineer to join our software engineering team. Your primary responsibilities will be to manage a team designing and developing virtual reality training experiences for deployment to both PC and mobile devices. This role involves collaboration with a versatile team comprised of 3D artists, C++ programmers, and other Unreal engineers. You will operate in a fast-paced, agile environment with the opportunity to work on many different types of projects.
- Conduct one-on-ones with team members
- Provide team members with growth by regularly reviewing and providing feedback based on their work
- Work with Producers and Director of Technology to give ROMs for business development and roadmap needs
- Participate in candidate recruitment pipeline to determine hiring
- Host regular meetings with team to receive feedback and adjust processes to improve day-to-day for engineers
- Work with the Director of Technology to help guide engineering to build our product more robustly, efficiently, and quickly
- Provide guidance in code reviews for junior members of the team and assist in their growth as a developer
- Manage a team of developers, identify and address process issues, and mitigate any interpersonal issues that arise amongst the team
- Host employee reviews, provide feedback, and provide a pathway for growth for each developer
- Describe needs of a role on the team, convert into a job description, and conduct interviews to meet the needs of the team
- Write code standards, articulate reasoning behind them, and determine when standards should change and be enforced
- Host code reviews, give meaningful feedback to the writer, determine what technologies are necessary to achieve that need, and delegate that information to the team to be written
- Experience with a variety of HMDs, such as the HTC Vive and Oculus Rift
- Understanding of at least one source control system, such as Perforce or Git
- Ability to work well on a small team in a fluid, fast-paced environment. Exposure to Agile Scrum is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about virtual reality and other immersive technologies
- 1 year experience leading a team of software engineers.
- 5 years experience building virtual reality applications within Unreal Engine
- Strong Blueprinting skills within Unreal
- Proficient in C++ and object-oriented programming
- Minimum 3 years of similar software engineering experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline preferred
- Must be United States Citizen
This is a contract-to-hire position.
We are interested in qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
We are not able to sponsor visas at this time.