Senior Software Developer (Java)
Hypergiant Sensory Sciences
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundaries and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical & creative and can help us fuel our motto: Tomorrowing Today. We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Software Developers with a Java/Spring/AWS background to help us design, create, extend, and maintain the core of our client’s connected vehicle audio streaming software platform as they expand past current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level. The successful candidate will apply their experience in Middleware Software development for embedded systems to expand our clients software framework used to build automotive and aftermarket products. This individual will be a key member of the team responsible for design, documentation, implementation, and validation of software components used by multiple internal and external customers to launch exciting new satellite radio audio and data services and advanced telematics features. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
What you’ll do
- Assist in the development of advanced architectures and platforms for next generation software to control Satellite audio, data services and advance telematics features.
- Assist in the development of software specifications and software for Radio receiver products.
- Assist in the development of advanced Infotainment and Telematics features for Radio receiver products.
- Support the full software development lifecycle from initial feature definition through software release and in-field customer support.
- Participate and support the design and development of software for the next generation software platform to enable Satellite and Streaming Audio, and Data Services and next generation Telematics features.
- Perform analysis of internal and third-party product requirements and specifications, understanding of software framework architectures and designs to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Utilize best practices in implementing software deliverables.
- Understand all aspects of the software development lifecycle and apply data analytics to quantify and provide insight to process improvements.
- 6+ years experience in software development, specifically developing applications using Java platforms
- 4+ years experience with AWS and comfort with Kinesis, Fargate and DynamoDB
- Expertise with relevant technologies such as Spring Boot
- Familiarity with real-time software with the ability to clearly articulate complex system requirements, and design considerations.
- Solid practical experience developing enterprise software applications
- Experience with microservices
- Able to quickly fix bugs and solve problems in large, complex apps.
- Excellent ownership and communication skills
Hypergiant Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.
Something looks off?