Senior Software Developer (Java/Scala)
Hypergiant Sensory Sciences
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundaries and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical & creative and can help us fuel our motto: Tomorrowing Today. We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Software Developers to help us design, create, extend, and maintain the core of our client’s connected vehicle audio streaming software platform as they expand past current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level. We're adding engineers specifically to the Automotive Continuity Digital Services team to support market services and digital roadmaps and production support. We’re looking for an engineer with experience in building highly scalable and highly performant microservices written in Java or Scala that will help provide an enriching listening experience to our listeners. Deploying and monitoring code on the AWS platform is an added advantage. You should be willing to take personal responsibility for testing the code you write and monitor it end to end and its performance in production.
What you’ll do
- Build the APIs that power the next generation streaming clients
- Write unit and integration tests and advise Quality Engineering on acceptance tests
- Create/modify schemas as needed to achieve feature and user interface requirements
- Develop on AWS primitives such as Kinesis, ECS, DynamoDB, DAX, and Aurora
- Demonstrate working software during in-person and/or virtual meetings with stakeholders
- Actively participate in and positively contribute to SCRUM meetings (daily standup, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint retrospective)
- Lead or contribute to investigations and discussions with other developers, product management, designers, data scientists, and talent curator/creator personnel as a representative of the Client API team
- Share your knowledge with other team members, including mentoring and training others
- Write external-facing documentation for consumers of the API and internal documentation for fellow team members
- Perform service deployment activities, perform maintenance, and respond to production issues as needed.
- 5+ years experience developing back-end server software, preferably in both Java and Scala
- Experience with AWS – deployments, DynamoDB, elasticache etc
- Experience developing for Linux-based deployment platforms, developing scalable, multithreaded server-side software for deployment
- Experience developing service-oriented and event-driven architectures
- Experience with API design/development
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with Redis, Git, and bash/shell scripting
- Solid practical experience developing enterprise software applications
- Able to quickly fix bugs and solve problems in large, complex apps.
- Excellent ownership and communication skills
- Available for on-call rotation
Hypergiant Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.
Something looks off?