Senior Software Developer (Scala)
Hypergiant Sensory Sciences
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundaries and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical & creative and can help us fuel our motto: Tomorrowing Today. We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Software Developer with a Java/Spring/AWS background to help us design, create, extend, and maintain the core of our client’s connected vehicle audio streaming software platform as they expand past current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level. We're adding engineers specifically to the Playback Services team.
What you’ll do
- Work with a highly collaborative group of engineers.
- Innovate to build performant solutions that continue to scale to the increasing demands of the business.
- Contribute to a healthy engineering culture and drive best practices.
- Lead and participate in high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions.
- Strive to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure team-wide code quality through code reviews and PR feedback.
- Exhibit accountability at both a personal and team level.
- Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses.
- 8+ years of professional development experience
- Expertise in Scala and functional programming paradigms
- 4+ years experience with AWS in a highly scalable production environment
- In depth understanding of AWS and cloud features. Must have extensive experience using Lambdas, Kinesis and DynamoDB
- Extensive experience with event driven architecture
- Solid practical experience developing enterprise software applications
- Experience with microservices
- Be able to lead the team in best practices and come up with solutions in meeting the system scalability & performance required
- Able to quickly fix bugs and solve problems in large, complex apps.
- Excellent ownership and communication skills
Hypergiant Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.
Something looks off?