Senior Software Developer (Scala)
Hypergiant Sensory Sciences
Please note: This is a remote contract position in the United States or South America through 07/31/2024 with possible extension (note: we do not hire C2C candidates).
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundaries and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical & creative and can help us fuel our motto: Tomorrowing Today. We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, food & beverage, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, media & streaming and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Scala Developer to help with our clients Location team. Looking for someone to work on our clients' atlas product (new cloud system) user services location team. We are working on a high availability ultra low latency microservice that is in the critical path for most other services.
What you’ll do
- Work with a highly collaborative group of engineers.
- Innovate to build performant solutions that continue to scale to the increasing demands of the business.
- Contribute to a healthy engineering culture and drive best practices.
- Lead and participate in high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions.
- Strive to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
- Ensure team-wide code quality through code reviews and PR feedback.
- Exhibit accountability at both a personal and team level.
- Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses.
- Minimum of 5 years professional development experience.
- Proficient in Scala (or Haskell) and functional programming paradigms.
- Experience with functional systems like cat-effect of ZIO
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful web APIs in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle, including the use of source control, CI/CD and various testing approaches.
- Distributed systems knowledge, having supported multiple high-throughput systems in a production setting.
- Experience with AWS in a production setting, preferably having leveraged offerings for compute, databases, storage, containers and serverless technologies.
- Experience with asynchronous programming models, ideally those that support high-throughput systems running on the JVM in a production setting.
- Pragmatic approach to weighing engineering tradeoffs versus business needs.
- Persistent sense of curiosity to understand why something is and needs to be.
- Accountability and a sense of extreme ownership that doesn’t end after the system is deployed to production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Hypergiant Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.