Senior DevOps Engineer (Infra)
Hypergiant Sensory Sciences
Note: We are open to 100% remote candidates for this position. Contract is 1099 and will go until 07/31/2024. No C2C Candidates.
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundary and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical and creative and can help us fuel our motto: Tomorrowing Today. We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer who can work with our client to design, create, extend, and maintain a brand new microservices-based platform on AWS serving millions of users every month. Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tools such as Cloudformation or CDK preferred.
What you’ll do
- Be hands-on and set a high standard of excellence.
- Do technical deep-dives into operating systems, application performance, databases, load balancers, networks, and storage systems.
- Manage the establishment and configuration of infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Leverage your knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes to optimize build and deployment processes..
- Design and implement monitoring and alerting strategies with modern best practices for cloud infrastructure.
- Build custom tooling to support engineering teams.
- Consult and train engineering teams on DevOps processes and methods.
- Drive adoption of DevOps and best practices in culture, code health, testing, monitoring, alerting and maintainability.
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling.
- Experience with more foundational layer AWS services (IAM, VPC, CloudWAN/Transit Gateways, Control Tower, Organizations)
- Experience with management and governance of an AWS account footprint
- Preferably an AWS Professional certification
- Experience working in the Cloud Foundation or Enablement domain.
- CI/CD experience (automate build and test pipelines and deployments with GitHub, Jenkins, CI SaaS, Spinnaker etc).
- Keen attention to detail and industry best practices pertaining to privacy and security.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, and a strong customer focus.
Hypergiant, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a generous benefits package, including company contribution to medical benefits. We offer unlimited PTO. In addition, we offer a fun, flexible work environment, company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.