Senior Performance Test Engineer
Hypergiant Sensory Sciences
Please note: This is a remote 1099 contract opportunity for candidates based in the United States or South America. We do not hire C2C.
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundary and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical and creative and can help us fuel our motto: Tomorrowing Today. We’re based in Texas, and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, oil & gas, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We're looking for a skilled Performance Tester to join our Client Services Team to support our client’s connected vehicle audio streaming software platform as they expand past current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take their business to the next level.
What You’ll Do...
- Develop and execute comprehensive performance testing strategies, plans, and scripts for integrated systems built on AWS, on-premise, or using a hybrid solution.
- Conduct load, stress, endurance, and scalability testing to evaluate system performance and identify potential bottlenecks or areas of improvement.
- Analyze performance test results and provide actionable recommendations for optimizing system performance, throughput, and response times.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including developers, architects, and system administrators to address performance-related issues and ensure timely resolution.
- Identify performance requirements and performance-related risks in the early stages of system development or enhancements.
- Design and maintain performance testing environments and test data sets that accurately simulate real-world scenarios.
- Document performance testing procedures, test results, and performance improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience in performance testing of integrated systems.
- Strong proficiency in load testing tools such as Apache JMeter, Blazemeter, OctoPerf or LoadRunner.
- Proven ability to engineer modular and maintainable automated test assets.
- Extensive experience in testing integrated systems built on AWS, including AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, and DynamoDB.
- Experience testing web-based applications through browser-based interfaces and APIs. This includes single-page applications, such as Angular frameworks, and REST services.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C and Java to develop performance test scripts.
- Solid understanding of performance testing methodologies, principles, and best practices.
- Experience in analyzing performance metrics and using performance monitoring tools like New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Datadog, or CloudWatch.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot performance issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- AWS certifications (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer) are a plus.
- Experience with testing call center, self-service, and streaming applications are a plus.
Hypergiant Industries is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.