Senior Software Developer (Java)
Hypergiant Sensory Sciences
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundaries and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical & creative and can help us fuel our motto: Know Tomorrow, Act Today.
We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We’re looking for a skilled Senior Software Developer with a Java/Spring/AWS background to help us design, create, and extend the core system for the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products.
What you’ll do
You will work with a highly collaborative group of engineers in squad organization. Innovate to build performant solutions that continue to scale to the increasing demands of the business. Contribute to a healthy engineering culture drive best practices and lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions. You will strive to develop simple solutions to complex problems. Ensure team-wide code quality through code reviews and PR feedback. You will exhibit accountability at both a personal and team level. Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience coding in Java.
- Experience with Nonblocking and/or reactive code.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Good understanding of the NSQL database.
- Good understanding of Observability and monitoring aspects.
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, including the use of source control, CI/CD, and various testing approaches.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven or Gradle.
- Experience with asynchronous programming models, preferably those that support high-throughput systems running in a Docker environment.
- Experience in tuning aspects of performance and scalability.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues in a distributed architecture.
- Experience with cloud (AWS, preferred) technologies similar to Elastic Container Service, DynamoDB, S3, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Hypergiant Industries is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, and company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.