Senior Technical Program Manager
Hypergiant Sensory Sciences
Please note: This is a 1099 contract opportunity. Candidates must be located in Washington, DC
Who we are: At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundaries and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical and creative and can help us fuel our motto: Know Tomorrow, Act Today.
We’re based in Texas and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, e-commerce, media streaming, oil & gas, energy, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
How you’ll make an impact:This position will be part of the software engineering team(s) developing the platform APIs supporting one of the biggest music streaming company applications, which provides a cohesive experience across Client Applications. The role will also function as the primary contact collaborating with Product, Marketing, operations and partnering Engineering teams to harmonize our client's efforts toward shared company goals.
The Staff Technical Program Manager owns delivering projects from inception to deployment across functions, while building cross-functional workflow and process improvement. The role will help ensure our client's teams are aligned with the product roadmap and deliver best-in-class consumer applications for all of their products.
What you’ll do:
● Own projects from idea phase to post deployment which involves multiple engineering and external teams.
● Develop and refine the role of cross functional TPM by partnering with portfolio level cross functional TPM team and Operational TPMs.
● Design, develop and deploy new tools and processes to improve cross team program management collaboration.
● Facilitate org-level processes such as program reviews and retrospectives that provide visibility, surface risks and blockers, and offer avenues for input and feedback to Platform Services leaders and stakeholders
● Facilitate the development of requirements in consideration of known technical capabilities, limitations, and interdependencies across entities.
● Define and execute a high caliber communication and delivery plan for complex programs
● Assist teams in story writing, backlog maintenance, prioritization and planning. Facilitating creation and prioritization of project-level features and backlogs.
● Continuous evaluation of process and seeking for ways to improve at every iteration.
● Lead planning, refinement, and release ceremonies for the engineering team.
● Proactively highlight and resolve risks and issues and clearly communicate those risks to stakeholders.
● Forecast program risks, while proactively analyzing and communicating mitigation plans to stakeholders.
● Cultivate relationships across engineering, product and operational teams to drive progress forward, influence negotiations, and advocate for desired outcomes that best serve our teams.
What you'll need:
● 7+ years of experience in a technical role in software development organizations, including at least 5 years facilitating as a Technical Program Manager in developing new cross functional
roles, launching new program management tools and implementing improvement processes.
● Track record of managing a complex software development program with a variety of stakeholders and tools.
● Expert level experience in working with Confluence, Jira and improving these tools.
● Ability to lead and influence cross-organizational teams in introducing new tools and processes to optimize engineering output.
● Extensive experience with SDLC methodologies, allowing for flexibility in process.
● Have strong technical proficiency demonstrated in any number of ways, ex. coding skills, quality assurance experience or technical writing background or similar.
● Experience in managing multiple teams for a program each with varying degrees of maturity on both the Scrum and Traditional program management scale.
● Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate parties working collaboratively and efficiently.
● Proven track record in developing, improving metrics and optimizing adoption.
● Experience in risk reporting, management, and mitigation.
● Preferred certifications: Scrum Master Certification (such as CSM or PSM) or PMP and any other relevant certifications.
Hypergiant Industries is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We offer a fun, flexible work environment, and company-sponsored activities, and commit to providing each employee with job satisfaction by addressing core needs. Learn more at hypergiant.com.