Senior Machine Learning Engineer I
ICON is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer I to join the BuildOS team. BuildOS is ICON’s software platform for residential construction. Our team is applying modern machine learning to the space of architectural design and construction for the homes of the future. This role reports to the Director of AI R&D and is based in our Austin, TX lab. All remote applicants will be required to travel to Austin occasionally for various team functions.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at ICON, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the world’s most talented architects and engineers. You will gain hands-on experience using the latest and greatest models to solve new problems. This role is a crucial part of defining how the next generation of housing will be built.
- Build generative AI tools to inspire and assist architects as they design homes.
- Build tools to radically decrease the cost and time needed to design beautiful homes.
- Build digital design tools that take full advantage of 3D printing’s capabilities.
- Explore the use of ongoing AI research for all of ICON’s activities.
- Translate business problems into deployed production solutions in the AI space.
- Pursue patent applications for novel technologies.
- 5+ years delivering commercial products based on neural networks.
- Familiarity with popular image and text deep learning architectures.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or equivalent technical degree and industry experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Advanced degree in mathematics, data science, or AI.
- Contributions or experience with generative neural networks (e.g. StyleGAN, GPT3, StableDiffusion, etc.)
- Experience with the full stack of training and deploying deep learning models.
- Experience with 3D printing and/or robotics.
- Background in art or architecture.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.