Senior Software Engineer I, Controls
ICON is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help lead the software department for ICON’s Control Systems team based at ICON’s Austin, TX location. As a Senior Software Engineer at ICON, you will be in a hands-on coding and technical design role responsible for creating and supporting well-designed, maintainable on-premise and cloud-deployed software systems. ICON’s software is a unique blend of real-time vs. microservice architectures, cloud vs. on-premise computing, and native vs. web user interfaces. Engineers are encouraged to take broad full-stack views of problems and solutions.
- Designing and implementing software features aligned with product team roadmaps.
- Developing coding standards that adhere to industry best practices.
- Ensuring standards and guidelines are automated as much as possible to provide regular and timely feedback on the quality of code and designs.
- Building relationships with external stakeholders.
- Proactive communication and escalation of code quality or related technical risks, issues, and other relevant information.
- Leading or supporting multidisciplinary diagnostics and troubleshooting efforts.
- Mentoring other software team members toward a proper understanding of software design principles, practices, and standards.
- 5+ years experience in software development and desirable experience in a software technical leadership role.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or 5+ years of equivalent experience.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years experience in software architecture within a distributed system environment.
- Demonstrable ability to own and deliver solutions/results of increasing technical complexity.
- Highly collaborative in seeking the right solution with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication and analytical skills a thorough understanding of product development and experience working with senior leadership teams.
- Self-starting attitude, excited to make things happen in new and ambiguous situations.
- Superior ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of the organization.
- Rust experience is a plus.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.