Electrical Controls Engineer II
The ICON technology team is adding a senior-level engineer to support one of our product teams in the development, commissioning, and support of our mobile large-scale concrete 3D printers. This role is based at ICON's Austin, TX campus and will report to the Director of Off-Planet Systems in the Strategic R&D department.
- Lead electrical design in the development of a robotic platform for construction applications, focusing on motion platforms and dynamic control of fluid systems.
- Design and create prototypes and specify instrumentation and design for various R&D projects.
- Progress development of systems through product commercialization including panel design and fabrication according to UL508A, NFPA 79, UL2011, NFPA 70 (NEC).
- Provide hands-on, troubleshooting, process, and manufacturing support as well designing, implementing, and integrating solutions in a fast-paced environment with a quick AGILE development cycle.
- Create design solutions utilizing engineering methods with good documentation processes including CAD Design in Solidworks/ Solidworks Electrical Schematic.
- Support efforts in Lean and Efficient manufacturing of products including acting as the specifying engineer for machine manufacturing and deployment.
- Must be willing to perform a wide range of tasks on a daily basis (e.g. Transition from office work to fieldwork at a moment’s notice) as well as contribute expertise to the overall product development process.
- Establish individual and team goals consistent with overall company OKRs.
- Mentor incoming engineers in their career development.
- Education: BSME or similar required. 6+ years of working experience designing and building industrial automation equipment or related experience in an applicable field.
- Proven record of leading an engineering development team to deliver on-time milestones.
- Ability to use first principles creatively to solve difficult problems.
- Experience with design of industrial equipment and machinery and understanding and adapting to the field requirements for such machines, with knowledge of real time PLC systems.
- Experience designing electrical power distribution, cable harnesses, and electrical panels for industrial machinery.
- Experience taking projects from prototype to product.
- Experience in working with manufacturers, distributors, and building external partnerships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UL508A and industrial electrical design.
- Proficiency using Solidworks Electrical Schematics and/or Solidworks Electrical 3d with experience preferred in managing PDM.
- Familiarity with making schematics in accordance with ANSI and ISO standards.
- Adept at communicating in a collaborative team environment and seeking optimum solutions with other team members.
- Knowledge of the AGILE methodology of project management.
- A service-oriented attitude when in a support role.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be prepared to work, in part, in extreme environments: temps > 100 degrees or below freezing, sun, rain, mud, lack of electricity, etc.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: MSME preferred.
- Previous start-up experience, and/or a resourceful innovative nature with an ability to streamline or develop efficient processes.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, and the ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of Machine Safety Standards (ISO 13849 and similar).
- Lean Six Sigma Methodologies (Design for Manufacturing).
- Industrial safety system experience.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.
Something looks off?