Director, Marketing Communications & Customer Experience
ICON is looking to add a Director of Marketing Communications & Customer Experience to join our Marketing Communications and Public Affairs team. As an expert marketer, you will be responsible for building and leading ICON’s high-impact programs including homeowner and customer experience in addition to consumer-facing marketing communications content that drives measurable results. You will create, manage and execute the ICON homeowner experience and be accountable for ensuring the delivery of the best homeowner journey in the world. The Marketing Communications and Public Affairs teams have a widespread impact on ICON customers, homeowners, partners, investors and the community as well as the media, creators and enthusiasts. You will be a champion of ICON’s mission and a voice for the company. This role is based at our Austin, TX HQ and will report to the VP of Communications, Public Affairs & Marketing.
- Build and launch ICON’s homeowners program and deliver a best in class customer experience.
- Architect customer relations programs across ICON residential projects with goals of nurturing, growing and maintaining relationships with prospective and current ICON homeowners.
- Create a framework to distill customer feedback into actionable product insights.
- Ability to build scalable tech-enabled solutions with our partners.
- Drive strategic development and implementation of customer programs and digital/physical products that help drive business and brand affinity for ICON.
- Execute creative and impactful organization-wide go-to-market programs from inception to completion across all platforms.
- Project manage and act as point of contact for strategic partners and internal teams from business development and sales to PR, web, design.
- Leverage earned media and owned channels to accomplish objectives, understanding target audiences, influencers and other key stakeholders.
- Partner with design and content teams to create compelling user experiences, world class campaigns, and globally recognized brands.
- Write compelling creative copy to position products, services, and new technology as needed with current market conditions.
- Work with the full Comms and Public Affairs team on project positioning/messaging, FAQs and product offerings to ensure seamless communication to customers/homeowners.
- Host visits, site tours and maintain vast knowledge of each project, construction and other key elements of ICON’s work.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of ICON’s past, present and future business in order to articulate to customers and other audiences.
- Build a community and represent the “voice of the customer” at ICON, ensuring that we are designing products and processes for the real-world needs of our homeowners.
- Strategize and implement regular and ongoing market research and customer interviews that inform the product, process and value proposition to customers.
- Define, build and optimize key metrics for achieving overall success.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to deliver high-level marcom strategy while driving tactical execution.
- Passion marketing and communications industries and best practices.
- A data-driven decision-maker who stays on top of trends and seeks opportunities to demonstrate relevancy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Team player who is adept at working cross-functionally and facilitating complicated projects.
- Strong technical copywriter and proofreader with an eye for crafting powerful messages and stories.
- Excellent public speaking skills and prior experience as spokesperson.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to rapidly deliver information and work with numerous stakeholders.
- Leading multi-faceted marcomm, social media, web design, customer acquisition and experience campaigns.
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and extensive experience building content strategies, campaigns and executing.
- Experience working designers and creatives from initial brainstorming through production and launch of campaigns.
- Experience leading internal teams and external agencies through successful campaigns.
- Innovative, driven and a team player who shows creativity, diplomacy and ability to juggle a heavy volume of diverse projects and tactical assignments.
- Resourceful self-starter who can work independently in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment while efficiently and effectively managing business priorities.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Professional degree in Marketing, Business or Communications.
- Experience building a community and brand affinity for a well-known brand.
- Prior management-level in technology, entertainment or homebuilding industries.
- Keen eye for design and details.
- Prior experience building digital products.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and digital marketing analytics tools.
- Knowledge of CRM software tools, database management systems.
- Experience with optimizing web communications for SEO and organic and keyword searches.
- Video and photography production experience in planning, executing and overseeing. shoots from interviews, behind the scenes content, documentary content and more.
- Passionate about ICON’s mission, plus are interested in housing, 3D-printing, robotics, space, technology and innovation.
- Knowledge of real estate and/or construction industries.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.