MEP Engineering Manager
ICON is seeking an MEP Manager to manage delivery of MEP building systems designs for light commercial and residential projects. As the MEP Manager you will lead a MEP team working within the Architecture and Building Performance team to deliver mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems designs for light commercial and residential projects. The role will work closely with ICON’s Construction Architects and project Architect of Record to deliver MEP designs across multiple projects. The role will also provide support in researching and evaluating technologies and systems to create high performance, and sustainable 3D printed buildings.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team, you will develop the processes, workflows, and designs to deliver leading MEP systems integrated with printed wall systems, enclosures, and buildings using ICON’s technology set. As an ICONIC, you will be an industry leader and direct contributor to the development of entirely novel approaches to high-performance buildings and you will have the opportunity to work with your team to advance humankind’s ability to provide dignified, affordable, resilient, and sustainable shelter to the world. This role reports to the Director of Building Science and Building Performance and is based at our Austin, TX campus.
- Oversee the delivery of MEP designs for light commercial and residential projects across the US.
- Coordinate with Construction Architects to integrate MEP systems into ICON’s print projects.
- Manage MEP project schedules.
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise teams.
- Manage employees and provide training opportunities.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for MEP Projects for all project stakeholders.
- Delivery of Issue for Permit / Issue for Construction documentation for MEP Building Systems.
- Support Pre-construction teams and Construction Project Managers to deliver projects on budget and on schedule.
- Present technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences.
- 5+ years of MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing) technical design and/or construction Project Management experience.
- 2+ years of managing teams
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Architectural Engineering or related discipline.
- Superior interpersonal skills with clients and staff.
- Revit MEP Experience.
- Communication and Coaching skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Experience managing scope and budgets.
- Professional Engineer License (Mechanical or Electrical, P.E.) or the ability to become licensed in Texas within 6 months.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Integrated Project Delivery or Big Room experience.
- Experience working with Revit MEP plugins, “smart” schedules.
- PMP certification strongly preferred.
Furthermore, as a federal government contractor, the Company maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations, including Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (as amended) and the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (as amended).
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit candidates through this application. ICON does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency submissions for candidates and will not pay fees to any third-party agency without a prior agreement with ICON.
As part of our compliance with these obligations, the Company invites you to voluntarily self-identify as set forth below. Provision of such information is entirely voluntary and a decision to provide or not provide such information will not have any effect on your employment or subject you to any adverse treatment. Any and all information provided will be considered confidential, will be kept separate from your application and/or personnel file, and will only be used in accordance with applicable laws, orders and regulations, including those that require the information to be summarized and reported to the federal government for civil rights enforcement purposes.