Senior Manager of Technical Content (Remote, US-based)
Senior Technical Content Manager
Liquibase is the leader in Database DevOps. Downloaded more than a 100 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates, security, and governance. We are a nimble, fast-paced, innovative team with the opportunity for the right product marketer to make an outsized impact on the business and the industry.
As the Senior Technical Content Manager, you will set the strategic direction for our user enablement initiatives and are responsible for driving Liquibase product adoption and ensuring high user satisfaction.
This role provides oversight for the development and delivery of our organization’s online technical content including reference guides, release notes, implementation and user guides, best-practice guides, online help, knowledge bases, FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and e-Learning.
You will lead a team of technical writers and facilitate a group of subject-matter experts including professional services, user support, learning designers, and product owners.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for user enablement that aligns with the company's goals and objectives, ensuring user mastery and adoption of all Liquibase products.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of technical content developers, promoting a culture of collaboration and excellence.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and learning materials, ensuring they are findable, understandable, accurate, complete, and achieve their purpose.
- Collaborate with product management, product marketing, engineering, customer support, and other departments to understand product changes and user needs.
- Establish and implement documentation and training standards and best practices.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our content and training programs, implementing improvements as needed.
- Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for the team, aligned with business objectives.
- Ensure all content meets legal requirements, such as copyright laws and accessibility standards.
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices in technical communication and training.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Writing/Technical Communication.
- 3+ years of experience in a strategic or leadership role within a technical content or learning department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear and concise content.
- Demonstrable previous success enabling highly technical audiences such as developers, DevOps engineers, and database administrators.
- Exceptional leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong understanding of CMS systems including MadCap Flare and Material for MkDocs.
- Familiarity with software development processes and the ability to interpret code.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with frequent releases of multiple products.
- Provide samples of previous technical content including documentation, website, or multimedia content.
Nice to haves:
- Certification and/or degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- Master’s degree in Technical Writing/Technical Communication.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience or PMP certification.
- Understanding of learning management systems and related analytics.
- Experience creating multimedia content such as narrated screencasts, animated videos, and illustrations.
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- Remote First culture, the potential for company-wide in-person gatherings
- Home office allowance for remote workers
- Meaningful equity (US only)
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits - country dependent
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- 401K matching (US only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and the ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Providing the opportunity to work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview - We are Liquibase
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in how we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history check, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.