Full-stack Engineer (Remote, US-based)
Liquibase is the leader in Database DevOps. Downloaded more than 100 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates, security, and governance. We are a nimble, fast-paced, innovative team with the opportunity to make an outsized impact on the business and the industry.
Liquibase is hiring a Full Stack Software Engineer who will work directly on a greenfield SaaS platform. You will be making contributions to an API spec-first project with a RESTful implementation to provide a robust service for clients. You can expect to work on other aspects of the stack, from looking for ways to benefit from spec-first automation to helping us understand how our web frontend leverages our API with best practices at heart. We want to hear what you think might work best, or why something just won’t cut it!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work in our PERN (PostgreSQL Express, React, Node.js) stack
- Be a part of our spec-first development cycle
- Contribute to our API by embracing RESTful design patterns, best practices, and security awareness
- Design and implement scalable and efficient server-side TypeScript code
- Provide input and expertise for systems and feature development.
- Help diagnose and patch bugs as expeditiously as possible
- Collaborate with our Product team to ensure work is properly documented and prioritized
- Participate in the Agile Development lifecycle, helping us to stay realistic on our goals and flexible in our execution
- Work within our AWS cloud environment, where you’ll help optimize the code which is powered by API Gateway and Lambda
- Leverage Liquibase software to facilitate in-house application development
- Foster a culture of group collaboration while being effective at working independently at the same time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- A self-starter with strong communication skills, written and verbal, and prior experience thriving in a distributed work environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining API driven applications with RESTful patterns in the implementation
- 2+ years of experiencing writing TypeScript
- 2+ years of experience working with the ReactJS library for building frontend web applications
- Proficiency working with (designing tables, queries, indexing, etc) at least one RDBMS such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Proficiency working with Express as an HTTP server
- An affinity for well-organized and secure code – you spent some of your time reviewing code for syntax & business logic correctness as well as security vulnerabilities
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience writing end-to-end and unit tests
- Experience with a version control system such as Git
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of NestJS (such as Modular project structure with services, controllers, and more)
- Experience working with a Database ORM library
- Experience with Docker – including containerizing your development environment and/or creating CI/CD workflows
- Experience with Java and/or Java Frameworks
- Experience with AWS services such as API Gateway, Lambda, and S3
- Experience with emulated cloud technologies using frameworks like serverless or LocalStack
- Experience with IDPs such as FusionAuth, Okta, Auth0 or similar
- Prior startup experience, especially launching applications with customer adoption and usage
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- Remote First culture, potential for company-wide in-person gatherings
- Home office allowance for remote workers
- Meaningful equity (US only)
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits - country dependent
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- 401K matching (US only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Providing the opportunity to work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview - We are Liquibase
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws.