Director of People (Remote, US-based)
Liquibase is the leader in Database DevOps. Downloaded more than 100 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates, security, and governance. We are a nimble, fast-paced, innovative team with the opportunity to make an outsized impact on the business and the industry.
Liquibase is seeking a Director of People to build and scale its people operations and recruiting functions. The Director of People will design and execute programs that will create an inclusive, impactful, and rewarding experience for all employees. You will have the opportunity to own the people strategy, work alongside a talented team to operationalize it, and champion our culture in a hybrid-remote environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a People Leader to partner closely and drive alignment with the senior leadership team on the talent roadmap.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and implement People and Talent strategies, policies and programs that align with business objectives, bring our culture to life, and span the full candidate and employee life cycles
- Drive alignment with the senior leadership team on organizational design, change management, and employee engagement initiatives
- Lead Liquibase's recruiting function, deliver a best-in-class candidate experience, and meet internal hiring goals
- Provide coaching and guidance to people managers on topics related to employee relations and performance
- Lead Liquibase’s performance and talent management strategies, including performance reviews, feedback, career development, and training
- Design and implement programs that foster connection and collaboration across a globally distributed team
- Optimize and maintain the integrity of our people data, reporting, HRIS, and overall tech stack
- Design and implement total rewards programs that attract and retain talent
- Oversee benefits administration and compliance for a fully distributed workforce
- Lead, develop and coach a talent team responsible for People Operations, HR Business Partnering and Recruiting
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in People Operations, HR Business Partnering, or related role
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in building, developing, and managing direct reports
- Strong understanding of how the various HR disciplines interplay and impact each other
- Excellent communicator; strong ability to develop trusting, credible relationships across all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated experience in designing and executing People strategies and programs, such as performance management, job architecture, compensation plans, engagement, and employee connection
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience at a fast-growing, tech company
- Knowledge of federal and multi-state employment law and compliance requirements
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- Remote First culture, potential for company-wide in-person gatherings
- Home office allowance for remote workers
- Meaningful equity (US only)
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits - country dependent
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- 401K matching (US only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Providing the opportunity to work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview - We are Liquibase
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
ONSITE SUPPORT ROLES:
"Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal law. Drug testing may be required by certain companies when working on site for implementations."
FINANCE JOBS: Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws
ALL OTHERS: Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal law.