Senior Project Manager
MOON is looking for a passionate Senior Project Manager to help manage multiple projects across multiple departments.
Working as a team member of the operations unit, you will be responsible for multiple projects, owning all project communications and processes while exercising project controls.
You must plan and demonstrate a cohesive understanding of the deliverables, tasks, dependencies, team resourcing and forecasting, and processes. In addition, the Senior Project Manager must constantly assess project risks and communicate contingency plans to the necessary stakeholders.
This role requires close cross-functional collaboration with colleagues in Product, Design, Sales, and Marketing, in addition to various other MOON teams around the world. This role will work closely with the COO.
The right candidate should be hands-on, highly operational, and build and maintain relationships with key partners.
The Senior Project Manager is a vital part of the Operations team, responsible for overseeing the planning and implementation of an entire project through budgeting, hiring team members, sourcing suppliers, and planning the project release. Duties include setting deadlines, providing feedback, and communicating about the status of each project.
The Senior Project Manager must develop a plan of action to get a project completed, working across departments to ensure the needs and wants are included within the confines of the project and budgetary restrictions.
The right candidate should be hands-on, highly operational, data-driven, can build and maintain relationships with key partners in each department and outside partners/vendors.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day initiatives and ensure that each department and the prospective team members adequately manage each project according to the set timelines.
- Ability to own and facilitate conversations regardless of group size or seniority level. Ability to explain things clearly and drive decision-making. You also know how to be an active listener and easily tailor your input and communication style based on the group.
- You will partner with team leads to research, scope, and kickoff assignments, and you are the owner and driver of all due dates and milestones on your projects.
- You will collaborate with the Product team, closely tracking product lifecycle and managing Marketing plans and timelines accordingly.
- You will develop and own accurate project documentation, including timelines and scoping documents.
- You are focused on anticipating problems and solving them with little to no inputs needed from your manager.
- Identify, research, and implement the appropriate tools to be utilized by the organization as a whole and individual tools that are department appropriate to ensure good organization and data capture.
- You drive process improvements, always contributing actively to conversations and workshops and proactively suggesting new, more efficient working methods.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High competency and proven track record of project management of large engagements and integrated creative projects
- Experience managing a high volume of creative and campaign types in parallel
- Experience with various projects types, including digital, web, video, events, and social
- Experience in Product Management
- Passion for emerging technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members across the business (creative teams, leadership/executive team members, engineers, marketers, production) as well as with multiple external partners and agencies
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt to a constantly evolving environment
- Experience leading and driving HW Product launches from a Marketing standpoint and Sales Standpoint
- Excellent leadership, communication, and stakeholder management skills
- Superb attention to detail, good judgment, and listening skills
- High integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Fantastic attitude and passion for MOON’s products and creativity
Preferred Qualifications & Traits
- Experience executing innovative partnerships
- Passion for MOON
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player
- “Do whatever it takes” attitude
At MOON, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. MOON is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, under applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us.