Cloud DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Oliver Technology Corporation
Meet Oliver. We bring precision to complex litigation, focusing on collections today. Located in Austin, TX, our software helps creditors and law firms work together across the entire collection lifecycle: creditors gain control of their litigation efforts, law firms have an efficient way to collaborate, and consumers are ultimately treated like people, not debtors. Our technology removes inconsistencies, prevents unnecessary errors, and keeps organizations in compliance. It creates operational firepower. And it enables people to work on the important things. We are working to change collection’s bad name by building Responsible Software at the intersection of RegTech and LegalTech. All that and more is why leading collection operations run on Oliver.
Our small but mighty team has team members in different states across the U.S., all working from home. We have a highly collaborative environment, using different technologies to work together, communicate with each other, and stay connected.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit our website olivertechnology.com.
Oliver is looking for an experienced Cloud DevOps Engineer to help lead our DevOps practices, platform architecture, and contribute to the design and development of our cloud native SaaS product. We are looking for someone who is driven by innovation, self-organizing and not afraid to dig into complex engineering problems ready to take the next step in their career.
The ideal candidate should have experience working in the DevSecOps space, designing, implementing DevOps practices and tools from scratch or evolving existing ones to ensure continuous delivery of our cloud native products. This role will report directly to the CTO and work closely with engineering managers, staff, and other stakeholders to build and execute on our technical roadmaps.
- Automate application and Azure cloud infrastructure management using scripting and industry standard automation tooling
- Contribute to the design, deployment, and management of Kubernetes infrastructure using Microsoft AKS
- Contribute to the design, development and monitoring CI/CD pipelines and build test automation framework
- Invent tools and processes that enable fast, accurate, and easy-to-use development and deployment systems
- Identify areas for improvement and propose innovative solutions that enable high developer productivity and velocity
- Support company security compliance efforts
- Establish and manage DevOps team best practices, be an advocate for continuous improvement, collaboration, and innovation towards operational excellence
- Shape an inclusive team culture to attract strong talent while thriving in innovation, rapid technology adoption, continuous improvement, collaborative teamwork and delivery of quality technology solutions
Required Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering and operating cloud-native, distributed, and scalable systems in production
- 3+ years of experience building and releasing cloud-native software in Microsoft Azure
- 3+ years managing automation and CI/CD with tools such as Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions, Terraform, Pulumi, Ansible, or Jenkins
- Experience with microservice architecture, containerization and container orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases such as MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Cosmos, Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDb
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
Why you’ll enjoy working at Oliver
- We're on a mission to transform an industry, and we are pushing boundaries
- We're focused on our customers' success, and we stick with it
- We're all team players, focusing on collective goals
- We're a great team of people who believe having fun at work is a requirement
- We foster a culture of transparency and trust, leaving politics behind
- We take care of our people by offering
- Competitive compensation + stock options
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits; group life insurance. short and long term disability insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off + paid company holidays, including Juneteenth to give team members the opportunity to engage in social reform
- Flexible work schedule
- A supportive environment with opportunities for learning and development
Oliver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.