Software Engineer, Integrations
Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2023
Osano is consistently innovating and delivering new features to its core suite of products, and we want to accelerate our delivery of new products within the fast-growing privacy market. We’re hiring a knowledgeable + passionate Software Engineer to join our Engineering team as we build more integrations for our customers!
Osano's engineering team works in small, concentrated pods to improve our codebase and work on interesting technical puzzles + product initiatives. The ideal candidate is experienced in building integrations with Kotlin and has worked in an agile environment with a test-driven mindset. Technical experience with Postgres, RestAPIs, as well as curiosity + creativity to think outside the box, will serve you well in this role!
Osano is an Austin area, venture-backed startup focused on creating transparency in data. Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corp), which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission-oriented, and we wake up every morning with the goal of doing well by doing good.
- Collaborate with Engineering + Product teams to build new integrations into Osano’s platform to increase value for our customers and help safeguard web user privacy.
- Create integrations with Kotlin + RestAPIs that are both easy-to-use and considers the backend architecture.
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements to our current menu of integrations.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, test engineers, internal stakeholders and customer experience teams to efficiently deliver requested integrations.
- Collaborate with engineers to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. As our teams grow, you’ll also have opportunities to mentor others.
- Be ready to grow through self-initiated learning and company-driven programs.
- You’ve worked with Kotlin (or another Java-based language) for 2+ years experience, preferably in the world of SaaS or within data privacy. You may also have some experience with server-side Kotlin.
- You enjoy challenging puzzles and bring flexibility + creativity to problem-solving. You’re eager to learn, explore new problems and technologies, and take risks to make a big impact.
- You have experience with relational databases, such as Postgres. You may also have experience with graph or document databases.
- You have an understanding of external APIs including authentication, rate limits, and error handling. You may have also built custom integrations with vendor or developer APIs.
- You have experience designing + implementing modern RESTful APIs.
- You bring hands-on experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks, as well as Scrum/Agile/XP development methodologies.
- You have experience with source control systems (i.e. Git), as well as project tools (i.e. JIRA).
- Lastly, you thrive in a remote environment. For us, that means being curious, proactively communicating, and bringing ingenuity and initiative every day.
- We’re a welcoming team that's dependable, curious, moves fast, and full of talented people!
- We’re a B-corporation with a mission that matters, and we’re in a high-growth space with even more potential.
- You’ll become a privacy expert, including the opportunity to obtain your Certified Information Privacy Technologist credential.
- You'll have access to our training program, well-defined career paths, and a leadership team that values professional development!
- Fair-pay compensation (provided below) and ownership interest/equity!
- Unlimited paid time off + a requirement to take at least two weeks off per year.
- We're a Best Place for Working Parents and offer paid parental leave for all new parents + we believe that family (however you define it) always comes first.
- Osano sponsors individual premiums at 100% and dependent premiums at 50% for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance via Aetna.
- A fully + permanently remote company so you can work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Receive a Macbook + $1,000 to craft your home workspace
- Annual company trip designed to foster connection, creativity, and having fun!
- Mental health benefits with free memberships to mindfulness + talk therapy services
Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect stock options + your annual compensation to be somewhere between $110,000 and $120,000 upon joining the company.
A bit more about Osano
We're an easy solution to data privacy laws! Osano is a data privacy platform that instantly helps websites become compliant with laws such as GDPR and CCPA. Osano works to keep companies out of trouble and monitors all of the vendors they share data with – so they don't have to.
At Osano, we value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you don't exactly meet all of the below requirements, don't let that keep you from applying. We're looking for people who are eager to learn and grow with us. If you're interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, say hi!
Osano is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, neurodiversity, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We participate in E-Verify and we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we will give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact DHS or SSA before taking adverse action against you. We value what makes us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
We are happy to provide accommodations to make the interviewing process inclusive and comfortable. You’ll have an opportunity to request accommodation before your first interview.