Senior Mechanical Engineer
Paradromics is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to contribute to the hardware development of key components of our neural implant system. This work will include the design of implantable medical devices, hermetic electronics packages, cranial implants, and surgical instrumentation. Coordination with internal and external resources will be required to manufacture prototypes and eventually transfer designs to manufacturing. Optimizing designs for manufacturing and development of advanced tooling and processes to support manufacturing. Close coordination with other engineers in the team will be essential, therefore excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial to excel in this role. If you like big challenges, working at the frontier of human technology, and have worked on high-performance hardware in the past, we would like to hear from you.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Eng., Biomedical Eng., Material Science or related field.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years related work experience.
- In-depth understanding of 3D mechanical design and Solidworks.
- In-depth understanding of biocompatible materials.
- Experience designing in a highly regulated quality control environment (ISO 13485 or FDA QSR).
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills.
- Very strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Ability to produce well-written technical reports and documentation.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced organization with shifting responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with a diverse group of people.
- Organization and ability to attain results on several projects simultaneously.
- Experience with GD&T and dimensional metrology
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience designing medical devices with implantable electronics (DBS, LVAD, IPG, spinal cord stimulator, etc.).
- Experience with medical leads and connectors (i.e., Bal Seal®).
- Experience with titanium alloys, noble metals, and/or alumina.
- Experience with sterile packaging and sterilization methods.
- Experience designing surgical techniques with validation via cadaveric lab experience.
- Experience with over-molding or insert molding.
- Experience with FEA modeling techniques.
- Familiarity with statistical techniques used in production as well verification and validation activities.
- Experience in electronics assembly technologies such as soldering, wire-bonding, flip chip bonding, etc.
- Experience working with 3rd parties for manufacturing and testing services.
- Familiarity with common software programs (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and GSuite platform.
Paradromics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.