Data Collection Technician
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 31, 2023
Pison is developing breakthrough consumer and healthcare products that are harnessing the power of the mind. We’ve pioneered the science of electroneurography (ENG) to non-invasively sense, analyze, and apply electrical signals coming from the brain. Our neural biosensor and artificial intelligence software are opening a new window to thousands of new, neural-based applications that can improve human health and wellness and help individuals control their environment via gesture recognition. Our vision is to deliver real-time, actionable insights into the state of the body’s nervous system, guiding users to better health and higher achievement in every domain of human endeavor.
The Data Collection Technician will play a crucial role in our team's pursuit of accurate data collection. Reporting to the data coordinator, you will be responsible for conducting user studies, following protocols, and ensuring data quality. This role is pivotal in refining our data collection processes and software. Your efforts will be instrumental in the development and enhancement of Pison's pioneering solutions, making a direct impact on improving human experiences through technology.
- Coordinate and facilitate research data collection efforts.
- Establish a positive and professional rapport with participants to foster a comfortable environment.
- Educate participants on data collection procedures and guide them through the process.
- Administer consent forms to participants as required.
- Adhere to data collection protocols and ensure protocols are followed accurately.
- Evaluate data quality during collection based on provided training.
- Collaborate with the research team to design, document, and prepare for experiments.
- Actively engage in stakeholder meetings to contribute to data collection specifications and experiment development.
- Exceptional multitasking capabilities to manage concurrent responsibilities effectively.
- Proficiency in Software applications.
- Ability to work harmoniously both within a team environment and independently.
- High school diploma is required. A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or a related field is a bonus.
- Familiarity with Python or command-line interfaces (CLI).
- Experience conducting user studies in laboratory or industry settings.
** This Employer Participates in E-Verify **
We understand that candidates can feel discouraged if they do not tick every box. We encourage you to apply. Pison is building a diverse team with people from all backgrounds who can help us build an inclusive organization.