Special Assistant to the CEO
Rebellion Defense is building the mission capabilities required for this software-defined era of defense. We are equipping our warfighters with the best software to detect, deter, and outpace the modern adversary at speed and scale. We’ve brought together technologists who have built software products that transformed our way of life in the commercial sector with defense experts who deeply understand the mission and the stakes to build technology exclusively for defense and national security. Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower the military and our civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
We are hiring a Special Assistant to the CEO to join our team. This role is located in Washington, DC and the Special Assistant to the CEO is expected to work regularly (3-4 days per week) from our Washington, DC headquarters office. Occasional travel may be required.
As Special Assistant to the CEO, you will:
- Report directly to the CEO, providing operational and general administrative support
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and coordinate travel
- Track action items and deliverables and ensure they are achieved by various stakeholders within the company
- Collaborate with the CEO and other senior leaders on strategic analysis and initiatives
- Collect and prepare information for use in meetings with executive staff and handle details of a highly confidential and critical nature
- Draft various documents and partner with the CEO to refine for distribution
- Conduct other duties as assigned by the CEO to support the executive team
Qualifications for this position include:
- Five (5) years of professional work experience in an operational or general administration role.
- Ability to manage projects with a focus on interdepartmental coordination
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with various office management technologies and tools (Google Suite, Concur, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications for this position include:
- Project management professional (PMP) certification
- Knowledge of various project management methodologies such as Agile, Six Sigma, or Critical Path
- Prior professional work experience supporting the senior-most leader of an organization
- Experience working in technology startups or the national security community
We embrace diversity and difference, and believe that broadening the perspectives of our teams will help enable innovation and lead to better outcomes. We encourage your application even if you may not meet all the preferred qualifications. We work collaboratively as a team to support one another in our mission and promote professional development.
The annual salary range for this role as it is posted is $85,000 to $105,000 regardless of final candidate location within the United States. The final job level and annual salary will be determined based on the education, qualification, knowledge, skills, ability, and experience of the final candidate(s), and calibrated against relevant market data and internal team equity. Benefits listed in this posting may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Rebellion Defense.
Disclosure as required by the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, C.R.S. § 8-5-101 et seq.
The nature of our work:
Many of the national security programs that are supported by Rebellion’s products operate in secure environments. It is a requirement of this position that you are able to obtain and hold a personnel security clearance.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.
Rebellion’s products are subject to export controls, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). To work with our products, you must be a U.S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident of the US, a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the US Department of State or US Department of Commerce.
Rebellion Defense is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as they go through our job application and interview process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting your application, you affirm the content contained therein is true and accurate in all respects. Please note that prior to employment, Rebellion Defense will obtain background checks for employment purposes that may include, where permitted by law, the following: identify verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. For certain roles, additional background checks covering additional information and activities may be required, including checks conducted by the U.S. government or service providers on behalf of the U.S. government.