Senior Software Engineer
Salary: $100,000- $170,000 depending on experience
Software Engineering Department
The Software Engineering team at Red 6 develops software for systems to see and interpret the world. These systems synthesize and visualize a synthetic reality into a hive mind of real-world knowledge. We are engineering high performing and highly advanced augmented and virtual reality platforms and infrastructure, which support our military partners’ operations. This enables us to collaborate and train with the world’s most advanced military systems and develop our soldiers’ capabilities as the world’s most important line of defense.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Red 6, you will take a critical role in developing next generation AR pilot training and operation. You will be responsible for identifying and implementing novel solutions to cutting edge augmented reality challenges. To achieve that mission, you will be involved in developing the game engine’s rendering codebase and implementing features that can involve numerous aspects of the graphics and visual domain, as well as data processing and optimization. You will work on integrating with state-of-the-art simulation and live aircraft technology.
- 4+ years of professional C++ development
- Familiar with build processes, compiler toolchains and content pipelines
- Comfortable writing multithreaded code
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship
Preferred / Additional Skills
- Strong understanding of 3D math, techniques for numerical computing, modeling, simulation
- Experience working on a live service or online multiplayer game
- Experience with Jira, Perforce, and Confluence or similar bug/task tracking and version control software
- Background with military or law enforcement and the ability to understand the nuances of customer use cases in those industries
- 2+ years of professional experience with high performance video game or AR/VR applications, preferably in the Unreal game engine environment
- 2+ years’ experience shipping user-facing features on games or other 3D interactive products
- Ability to create data driven visuals as well as control in game objects with exterior data
- Implement and improve various low-level systems that interface with platform APIs, i.e memory allocators (physical and virtual), file systems, input systems, graphics APIs, etc
- Experience with sensors (camera, time-of-flight) or image processing
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.