Software Research Engineer
Salary: $100,000- $170,000, depending on experience
Red 6 is a cutting-edge technology company specializing in the development of advanced solutions for military applications. We are seeking a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join our Research and Development team. This role will involve working on novel applications involving sensors for augmented reality systems that will be utilized in military pilot Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs). If you're passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology and contributing to mission-critical projects, we encourage you to apply.
As a Software Engineer on the Research and Development team, you will play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and optimizing augmented reality systems for military pilot HMDs.
- Rapidly iterate and experiment with new augmented reality prototypes, leverage the latest advancements in AR for military applications
- Develop software to integrate sensors (such as LiDAR, cameras, photon amplifiers, optical sensors) to create real-time augmented reality experiences for pilots
- Design and implement advanced algorithms for sensor data fusion, precise localization, and robust tracking, ensuring exceptional spatial awareness and performance
- Develop AI solutions for object recognition, gesture controls, and adaptive learning
- Develop multiplayer solutions for unfavorable network links, enabling mission simulations. Collaborate with the product team to turn your prototypes into mission-ready systems
- Collaborate closely with the QA team to ensure performance standards and reliability under aircraft flight conditions
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics, or a related field
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in software engineering roles related to augmented reality, virtual reality, or robotics or related domains
- Proficiency with C++ and Python
- Familiarity with LiDAR, radar, or optical sensors, and experience integrating them into real-time systems
- Demonstrated experience with sensor data fusion, localization, and tracking techniques
- Proven ability to solve complex problems and thrive in a fast-paced R&D environment
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mindset to work with both R&D and product teams
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship
- Experience with Unreal Engine or similar game engine
- Familiarity with algorithms for synchronizing multiplayer games
- Familiarity with modern deep learning algorithms
- Prior exposure to software-driven optics and commercial augmented reality prototyping
- Experience leading technical projects or mentoring junior engineers
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to professional development opportunities and the most bleeding edge research in the field
- Collaborative work environment that encourages innovation and creativity
If you are enthusiastic about contributing to the advancement of augmented reality systems for military pilot HMDs and are excited to work with a multidisciplinary team on groundbreaking projects, we invite you to apply for the Software Engineer - R&D position at Red 6. Join us in shaping the future of military aviation technology.
This is a 100% in-person role.
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.