Optical Engineering Technician
Salary: $65,000- $80,000, depending on experience
Red 6 is a cutting-edge technology company specializing in the development of advanced solutions for military applications. We are seeking a talented and experienced Optical Engineering Technician to join our Research and Development team. This role will involve working on novel applications involving sensors for augmented reality systems that will be utilized in military pilot Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs). If you're passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology and contributing to mission-critical projects, we encourage you to apply.
As an Optical Engineering Technician on the Research and Development team, you will play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and optimizing augmented reality systems for military pilot HMDs.
- Assemble and disassemble optical, electrical, mechanical assemblies; assess wear and damage
- Calibrate, align, operate, and maintain electrical and optical laboratory test equipment such as light sources, power supplies and optical spectrum analyzers
- Carry out engineering experiments and modify existing designs and prototypes Work with engineering to improve processes
- Attentively execute test plans, observe pass/fail criteria, and generate reports
- Identify system and hardware issues, and proactively seek and implement solutions
- Work closely with hardware and software engineering and QA teams in requirements definition, design, testing and qualification
- Inspect inventory and reorder materials and components
- 2-5 years prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates degree with a minimum of 2 years prior related experience
- Technical school or equivalent with 2+ years of experience
- Experience working with optical components: cleaning, cutting, aligning, measuring
- Experience in 3D printing and rapid prototyping
- Hands-on experience with optical fabrication
- Experience working with lasers and LEDs
- Experience with plastic optics is nice to have
- Good oral, written, and pictorial communication
- Qualified candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. This requires U.S. Citizenship
Red 6 reserves the right to change its current benefits program at any time, in a manner that is consistent with applicable federal and state regulations.
This job description is not a contract and confers no contractual rights, privileges, or benefits on any applicant or potential applicant. Red 6 has the right to change any and all terms of this job description, including, but not limited to, job responsibilities, qualifications and benefits. Nothing in this job description constitutes an offer or guarantee of employment.
Red Six Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), Red 6 Aerospace, Inc. operating company you are applying to work for (hereinafter, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect personal information and use it for certain business purposes as described below in this Job Applicant and Employee Privacy Notice. We are required to disclose the following information to California “consumers” regarding our collection of their personal information. Under the CCPA, “consumers” means California residents, including job applicants, employees, or contractors of a business.